Can the Porta-Pooper 5000 be obtained with an anointment?

I think I’ve gone for 40-50 runs for this gun on Mayhem 4, and I haven’t seen it drop anointed any of those times? Is there something the game is doing that’s preventing the gun from droping with an anointment or is this just extremely rare?

I cant verify it is but I have been running side missions the last few days and I have been getting plenty of anointed unique rewards, I’m sure you can if the other side missions rewards are anointed but cant confirm, I’ll check this out later and let you know if I get lucky

@timmo1146 Definitely you can get anointed quest rewards. I have plenty myself and that’s why I wanted to get the Porta-Pooper 5000 anointed. But the way the game gives you the gun is different compared to anything else I’ve encountered in the game.

I’m not sure if you remember, but the way the mission goes, you kill Trashmouth and the weapon drops upon killing him. But when you look at it, there’s no stats. It’s like it’s a quest item and when you pick it up the mission ends and then it’s in your inventory. Every other mission item I’ve received has been forced into your inventory upon completing the mission. Even when people say they are giving you something (like Ava with the Cloud Kill), they don’t hand it to you. It just magically gets put into your inventory.

So I think there’s something going on with the Trashmouth drop when he dies. Like it’s hard coded…

Yeah you could be right about that, I ran the mission 4 times yesterday and didn’t get 1 anointment on it, but have plenty of anointments on other quest rewards, seems strange you cant for that particular weapon its not like its OP