I personally would love to run 'n gun with a much wider selection of weaponry. There’s been nerfs to the more powerful weapons and it was called “balancing”. I wish they would “buff” more of the weaker weapons to complete the balancing act. I would love the Kaos rifle, for instance, if it didn’t require 3 or 4 magazines to kill anything. And one of the best smg’s of BL2 is now the B!tch of BL3. I also feel like the Shredifier wouldn’t magically make my ammo reserves disappear in a blink of an eye if the dmg was tuned up a little bit. There are so many weapons I want use, but won’t because they feel too underpowered. I’d like to hear somebody else’s response to my rant.
Gearbox doesn’t seem to do buffs, only nerfs unfortunately. Not saying that they wouldn’t, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
It does speak volumes that the game promotes “over a billion guns” but really only about 10 are actually used and sought after.
It was nice of Gearbox to release a new sniper ‘Wedding Invitation’ that actually works well (praying they don’t nerf it too) but with Gearbox’s track record, it will most likely be nerfed in the next hotfix patch because people actually use it with a fair amount of success. Gearbox doesn’t seem to like that very much.
Remember the time when they buffed all Maliwan SMGs? And the time they increased the crit damage on ALL snipers? And that one time when they increased the damage on the Maggie?
Too true. Claim to fame is “Over a bazillion guns!!!” Yayyyy… But only 7 work.
I just want options. Options that can perform on par with some of the best. Especially if some of the best weapons in the game are the hardest to aquire.
The shredifier is a beast while leveling and up to M2 it can do some nice damage.
I wasn’t aware of these buffs … however, they must not have been significant because still, only the Cutsman Maliwan SMG is good. Actually, it is amazingly good but other than the Tsunami, I really can’t think of another Maliwan SMG I would put into my loudout and use regularly.
Crit damage buffed on all snipers and still, only the Lyuda is relevant. We now have the Wedding Invitation but let’s see if they nerf it too. Only time will tell.
The Maggie buff is awesome. Could be why it is the most sought after pistol in the game.
It does spit hellfire. But it also feels like you use an entire magazine per enemy. And each magazine is 100 rounds. Maybe it’s just me.
Maybe I had a better expirience because I ran Moze and never needed to reload lol.
ASMD needs to be a god-tier weapon asap
If they nerf the Wedding Invitation… Who am I kidding. They probably will. I hope not.
The Maggie was they’re best decision, but now it’s the only gun you really need to clear all content. They should take that success and run with it. Buff more and make more weapons viable. I think that’ll truly broaden our horizon.
Here’s a clip from Noelle’s notes on October hotfix. Some interesting things:
- the number of buffs far exceeded the number of nerfs
- the Cutsman was nerfed and still today is one of the most powerful bossing weapons
- the Lyuda crit bonus was nerfed and still today most people consider it the best sniper
- Westergun damage increased by 25%
- ASMD damage increased by 28%
- Cutsman damage reduced by 25%
- Ten Gallon damage increased by 8%
- Sickle reload speed increased by 25%
- Faisor damage increased by 15%
- Infiniti damage increased by 40%
- Magnificent damage increased by 25%
- Jericho damage increased by 40%
- Lucian’s Call accuracy and handling reduced
- Lyuda Critical Damage Bonus decreased by 30% and made a modification to address a reported bug that an extra bullet was spawned in the center
- The Lyuda’s functionality is to split the projectile from 1 to 3 after a certain distance. It was reported that the original projectile was never destroyed in the process of splitting so 1 projectile actually became 4. Addressing this concern effectively removed a full shot’s worth of damage which auto-corrects the base damage of the weapon. Since we increased all sniper rifle critical damage bonus in a previous hotfix, we reduced some of the critical damage bonus on the Lyuda.
- Try-Bolt damage increased by 25%
- Alchemist damage increased by 25%
- Devils Foursum damage increased by 13%
- Flakker now consumes the full magazine when fired and damage is reduced by 33%
- Flakker was greatly outperforming other shotguns due to the number of projectiles and the high rate of fire. We initially believed the resulting projectile spread would cause most of the explosions to miss the target, however this turned out to be false, so we reduced the projectile damage and allowed the weapon to only fire once per magazine. This change encourages players to capitalize on different stat bonuses to maximize the weapon’s damage output.
- Laser-Sploder rocket projectiles spawn interval increased by 0.4 seconds
- Maggie damage increased by 35%
- Hellwalker damage reduced by 8%
There are SOOO MANY guns not being used in this game due to their lack of dmg output. I think more buffs would also help with our drop rate problem. I know I would get less frustrated about the horrible drop rate / rng of trying to get that specific anoint if I had viable alternatives to get me by in the mean time. If I can’t find a Lucian’s Call, I want to be able to settle for an awesome alternative. You know what I mean?
Wow… I try and try to use a lot of those weapons to this day, but after a few minutes of frustration, come to terms that they are not cutting it. I sure as hell feel the Nerfs. Not noticing any Buffs (aside from Maggie).
Agreed. For the amount of guns they promote there are only a handful that can perform in M4 and endgame. Pretty sad.
Is it that unreasonable that the hardest content requires the best gear? Up to m3 with a decent build you can run just about any weapon. I’ll agree that many weapons need buffs but there are plenty of non meta weapons that are far from useless
Thank you for posting those details. Interesting to say the least.
Not sure if you’re experience this, but there are a lot of guns that do well in MH1-3 but drop off badly in MH4 if they don’t have a good anointment
I remember seeing someone on these forums saying something about, all legendaries should feel “Legendary”. They each have their own unique gimmick or setup which sets them apart from one another and creates a choice in preference for players. They could choose their favorites, IF their dmg output was equal to each other. It would bring about much more diversity.
Yeah, but I’m talking about the guns that are in dire need of buffs. Guns that have the potential to be a lot of peoples favorites, but can’t perform well enough to use on higher mayhem modes. And on mayhem 3, even with a “decent build”, you’re not conciously gonna choose to play around with sub par weapons if you have a Maggie or Cutsman in your backpack. I don’t want to be forced into using those few guns, when I have a bank full of guns I WISH could perform just as good.
You say the hardest content requires the best gear. I wish their was a bigger selection of what is considered “the best gear”. You know what I mean?
Honestly unless I’m on m4 I don’t use my best gear much, the cutsman I only really use for the takedown now. Idk I find using the same gear/build for too long gets stale. I have a lot of fun trying to make some of those weapons work (I don’t touch most snipers since they’re awful in this game though) but that’s just how I like to play. I don’t disagree that the bottom tier legendaries need some love