Can we get the beta mission intro back please?

I liked seeing the banners of Benedict, galilea, and then everyone running into battle, so much more than the 2d animation.

Can we have an option to choose which one we see?

12 Likes

Agreed. The current mission intro would not be so bad except it is the exact same scene from the opening cinematic every single time. It would be nice if they could cut out a few different sections and randomize it.

Granted, in the grand scheme of things this is small. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was just odd that they even changed it to begin with

4 Likes

I really, really want this. I much prefer the cut scene that was in the Open Beta. I don’t want to take the animated intro away from others, but I’d like to have the one I like. The option to choose lets everyone be happy. Sadly this probably isn’t a high priority change.

4 Likes

I’m agreeing with this. It could be random too. But… it’s not a priority. Gearbox seems to be working full time on hotfixes and dlcs (free and seasonsed).

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a random intro to be honest where we could get a random 2D snippet or a 3D animation. I kinda like the 2D because it reminds me of old Saturday morning cartoons. They would probably implement this down the line for some added flare, but again as @laverdieremanu said it isn’t really a priority at this point.

2 Likes

A thousand times, yes. Personally, I think that 2D animation is not good quality to begin with and everytime I see it, it pulls me out of the game a little.

I liked the beta intro a bunch, but I do wish the cutscenes were randomized. If they had a few “charging into battle” cuts with a few different central characters and you never knew which one you were gonna get, that would be the ultimate.

3 Likes

I would LOVE to see the intro from the beta return, as it featured all the characters! An open to choose between the current and previous would be awesome.

4 Likes

Agreed. I really loved that scene of all of them getting together to fight then when it launched I was disappointed it was changed to the 2d.

2 Likes

Oh man, if they actually could randomize that intro, it would legitly feel like I’m playing an episode of a TV series.

1 Like

I really really want this too, however, I’m pretty sure in gearbox’s situation, with overwatch out right now, their best bet is to just keep tuning characters, gear and maps and doing dlc rather than putting in options to change the mission intro. The current one is great the beta one is just more game encompassing since it’s more than like 2 characters.

If they released an option to change it there would be at least a few hate posts saying something like “You added a ****ing intro but didn’t buff/nerf (insert gear/character here)? Done.”. Well, this isn’t destiny, it may be more well received, but none the less they should be careful and probably won’t add it in for a while.

1 Like

+1 ^^

100% yes to this suggestion.

I’ve been thinking this from day one & a sibling & some friends have all said it to me/in front of me at some point aswell.

Every time I see it, I think they should have done up a few different ones and they change every 10 levels for example, then at level 100 you can pick and choose.

Just to change it up a bit…

agreed, the open beta intro was awesome and would like something like that again. maybe one for each faction shown randomly?

2 Likes

Ideally it would be cool to have short stingers that don’t repeat the prologue at all, maybe yes, one for each faction or social circle (Mellka/Deande, Thorn/Montana, the three fish people, the robot club, etc).

1 Like

Yes ffs please. The “cheesy pseudo-adime” was painful to watch even once, and the srt style is all over the place. The rap voice over made it even more weird and “cringe worthy” for me - don’t need a reminder every time I play a mission lol…

Or just remove it completely would be even better.

It was “novel”, charitably speaking maybe TWICE, but now it’s just ANNOYING and LONG, and my fingers itch to reach for the ESC button every time I see it, knowing full well these cutscenes AREN’T SKIPPABLE (which is probably near the top of the list of “Video Game Developer Deadly Sins”…).

2 Likes

I got stuck playing through the prologue over 20 times one day, so trust me, if anybody knows the rap can get tiring it is me. However, my wife started doing mashups through the prologue video starting at the anime. Death March from motionless in white syncs up pretty darn good, along with some five finger death punch songs. anyways, I see I am not the only one that misses the beta intro

1 Like

If they have the time and resources, and it’s not too tricky, I’d love to see the original make a comeback too. For what it’s worth, both my partner and I prefer it. We’ve always been a little confused by the out-of-context 2D clips, which I feel cheapens the really cool intro a bit.

1 Like

Glad to see I’m not the only onwho felt that horrid rap killed the mood

1 Like