Can we just give Claptrap credit for once?

Dude found something that’s literally named as a joke by Gaige!

2 Likes

For once? What is there to discredit Claptrap from? I guess people forget the capabilities of Clap.

2 Likes

Folks forget he’s important and pivotal to the VH crew. Only cause he’s annoying. It’s a default voice, he’s quite depressed

3 Likes

what did he find?

He went on an INSANE journey to bring back the Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge.

3 Likes

Which I’m pretty sure was just something Gaige pulled out of her ass. Not literally though.

Seriously, claptrap is awesome. According to TPS, he’s a good vault hunter with decent fighting skills, and he’s generally pretty great. He’s just used as comic relief, so people forget that.

2 Likes

What’s his entire story arc?
A Hyperion steward bot, Handsome Jack, with some advice from Angel, try to turn him into a fighting robot (whom we play in TPS). With this power, and seeing his comrades being wrecked by the local bandits, he starts the Robo Revolution (which we play in that BL1 DLC). That gets quashed, Jack writes off the entire steward bot line, and Claptrap is all that’s left (without his ninja powers now too). As the last of his line, he found sanctuary with the Crimson Raiders in Sanctuary, and has been with them since (where we see him in BL2 and BL3). Am I missing something? Something out of order?

3 Likes

Just the idea that somehow he found something that wasn’t supposed to exist. Something that was literally A JOKE. Well, also, I give him credit when he verbally was tearing Handsome Jack a new ass, before being defeated by STAIRS.

4 Likes

Slightly out of order.
Claptrap did the robo revolution first, then got beat and turned into a steward again, where Jack meets him and gets the idea to turn him into a fighter (this is in an echo log in TPS). With Jack’s help, he becomes pretty badass, but the program that would make him really powerful gets locked away as a virus, so Jack decides to give up and eliminate all claptrap units.
That program turns out to be what saves him, while the others die, and he later gets an invisibility upgrade (BL2) that lasts for ages, kinda making him a ninja again.

2 Likes

No, we cannot, because every time I make a new character I have to sit through claptrap getting sucked to the window in sanctuary, then I gotta listen to Lillith talk while not being able to check my skills and inventory.
This, and only this, is the reason for discredit!

1 Like

Honestly this is my favorite moment in all of Borderlands, lol.

3 Likes

Wait is the claptrap we see in the games after 1 the INAC?

Iirc he had special combat upgrades in TPS that were afterwards removed by Jack.

1 Like

Yes. Even though there used to be many Claptraps, the one we have in later games is the very first one we see in BL1, the INAC and the FR4G T4P. Little bot has gone through a lot of ■■■■ which might explain some of his many bugs…

3 Likes

INAC? What is that?

The Claptrap we see in 1 that also doing the Robo Revolution is the Claptrap that we see all the time after.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap

2 Likes

That makes sense now

The videos of Cl4pTr4p diaries (his work in show business) was absolutely wonderful. "Are you eating a sandwich? You’re the sound guy, we can hear you.’’ or ‘‘What do I need to do to get a suicide bombers balls to drop?’’. I think the only issue is how present he has become since BL2. If you remember he was barely a supporting character in BL1, until Robolution. Still I luv that little self obsessed shopvac.

5 Likes