Cannot skip the game launch splash screens

I am bringing this up because of all the small things a video game can do to bother me, this one ranks pretty high: launch splash screens that cannot be skipped.

Now, maybe this is only for open beta and will change for release, but I want to mention it now so that hopefully Gearbox can respond or fix it for release. It presently takes exactly 38 seconds from the time I launch the game on PS4 until I get to the screen where I can (attempt to) login. We are subjected (order is likely wrong) to the following splash screens:

• 2K Games
  • Gearbox
  • Unreal Engine
  • T ESRB rating
  • Other engines/middleware
  • Beta warning

The last will definitely be gone for release, but I think you should be able to either skip all of the others or at least pound a button to skip to each more quickly. No one cares about any of this stuff past maybe the first time launching the game, and games that make you sit through it all, in its full duration, just come across as being selfish.

Do gamers a favour and don’t waste their time. Is 38 seconds a lot? No, not at all, but that is not the point. It is just so very unnecessary and so easy to not force on us.

I’m not completely sure, but I think the Borderlands games also weren’t able to skip the splash screens.

If you can’t skip it, there’s most likely a reason why. I know you can skip the 2K games and Gearbox screen on the PC version (at least we could in the early access copy), but they are most likely legally obligated to show the Unreal engine + middleware splash screens for commercial use.