Cant connect to Shift Servers PS4

When trying to input a SHIFT code, I get key with a pop-up that says, “Connection Pending Please wait for the connection process to complete before accessing the gearbox software shift menu”

What am I doing wrong? I have a shift account. I have linked my ps4 to the account.

3 Likes

Having the same issue and just filed a support ticket so they at least know about it. I am only having this issue on The Pre-Sequel though. Logging into BL2 connects to SHIFT without any difficulty at all.

3 Likes

Also having the same problems as StormPoet.

2 Likes

Damn it. Same exact thing. It connected immediately to BL2. I even deleted the game data and just reinstalled it. Nothing. I really hope this gets fixed before the 25 keys code expires.

1 Like

Same problem here on the PS4. I can connect and redeem SHiFT codes on BL2, but I am getting the same error message on the Pre-Sequel.

3 Likes

Same issue. BL2 connected to Shift no problem, TPS will not connect.

1 Like

If anyone is experiencing technial issues, submit a support ticket here https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

2 Likes

cant sign into shift on either game on ps4

2 Likes

Hey everyone – thanks for the feedback. We’ve passed this along to the team and they’re investigating now. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

turned in a ticket for the Presequel shift problem im having, thanks

1 Like

I turned in my ticket at 1 am. I’ve just received this response. A blanketed “check your internet” response. It’s not my internet. It’s SHIFT.

Hi,
If you are having issues with connecting to SHiFT in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, please refer to the connection troubleshooting guide below:

1. Ensure that all players have obtained the latest update
  2. Check all the physical devices on your network to ensure they are plugged in and powered on.
  3. Perform a connection test on each device connected to the network.

PS4:
You will need to forward port 7777 (UDP and TCP) in addition to the ports for PSN. You can find the port settings for PSN in the “PlayStation Network” section here: What are the firewall (TCP and UDP) port numbers to connect online with PlayStation® products?

• Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 443 (TCP)
  • Port 5223 (TCP)
  • Port 3478 (UDP)
  • Port 3479 (UDP)
  • Port 3658 (UDP)
  • Port 7777 (UDP and TCP)
    Xbox One:
    You will need to forward port 7777 (UDP and TCP) in addition to the ports for Xbox LIVE. You can find the port settings for Xbox LIVE here: Network ports used by Xbox LIVE
  • Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 7777 (UDP and TCP)
    If you need assistance with opening these ports, please refer to the following website for more information (you will need to know your router brand and model, as the website guides are based on specific routers)
    http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
    Here are some additional tips that have helped many players improve their connectivity:
  1. Make sure your router’s firmware is upgraded the latest version (very important).
  2. Unplug your router for 10 minutes and plug it back in. Some older routers degrade in performance over time until it is rebooted, similar to a PC.
  3. Disable any firewall or other network filtering for the game.
  4. Enable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router.
  5. If you don’t care about security, enable DMZ (de-militarized zone) on your router for your PC’s address. This turns off all of your router’s firewall features for that specific PC.
  6. Get a router that has the “Xbox LIVE compatible” or “Certified for Windows Vista” logo.
  7. Contact your ISP and ask them what your DNS setting should be.
    Additionally, your ability to connect to games can also be impacted by network performance. Some possible factors that can degrade network performance are:
  • Poor quality network cable
  • Line interference, particularly on unshielded network cables running parallel to power cables or near electrical outlets
  • Incorrect router configuration, such as non-standard MTU settings or QoS settings
  • Insufficient available bandwidth
  • Malfunctioning router hardware
    If you continue to experience network issues, please let us know and we’ll troubleshoot from there.
    Regards,
1 Like

This is exactly what my problem is. At the time I wrote the original post I had only tried The Presequel. But it works fine in BL2.

1 Like

Have you been able to connect?

1 Like

Here is what I did to get it fixed. I powered down my PS4 completely (not rest mode). Then, I unplugged my router for a minute. I plugged my router back in and waiting until it was connected. I powered on my PS4 and went to the Pre-Sequel; the authentication with Shift went through, bringing up a license agreement. The code worked, then. Note: I also have my PS4 to get a dynamic IP address, rather than static.

Let me know if this helps.

1 Like

Update @ 3:52 PM, Tuesday 3/24:

SHiFT functionality has been restored to Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel / Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on PlayStation 4. Please let us know if you’re experiencing any further issues authenticating or redeeming SHiFT codes!

1 Like

Problem fixed, then it happens again. Worked fine for an hour, then when reloading the game, can’t connect once again.

1 Like

The functionality worked for a little over a half an hour. Then when I go back to the main menu to input another SHIFT code, I’m met with the same error message.

1 Like

Me and some people . Had the same issues .

Here how we fixed it .

1st close the game down.

2nd when load the sequel , wait till psn updates. before hit x button .

3rd check if log in to the shift server on the extra screen.

4th if log into the shift server. good.

5th when you start a game you do it single player. when at the main town. . then go to the shift box and grab the keys from the shift box. At the main city.

Work for 3 use so far.

1 Like

Regardless of how you were able to get it to work this still needs to be fixed… to do that it needs to be patched. And its still not working 100% of the time. I was able to put in the SHIFT Code but every time I go to claim the keys in game it wont let me because it says its not connected to SHIFT. This is NOT a problem when playing BL2… only the Pre-Sequel.

2 Likes

Im having problems with shift as well. It will connect when i first start up the game. But then when i save and quit. The little message box will pop up. Authenticating with gear box software shift please wait. And it never connects the box just stays there with that message.

1 Like