Cant connect to shift

I confirmed my email but no confirmation code for the game was sent

If you go to shift.gearboxsoftware.com and click on the “Gaming Platforms” button (visible once you’ve signed in), does it show XBox Live as being linked to your SHiFT account? If not, you can link your GT from there. Just make sure you type it in correctly, because the linked profile IDs don’t show afterwards (it’ll either say “LINKED” or “Not Linked”)

I’m having a sorta differnt issue I’ve confirmed my account but when I go to click on the Xbox Live it says sign in but then it says an error in the authorization process and it lets me link it to my Facebook and all the other ones open up no problem but I don’t have the other ones to link it to I’m trying to link it to my Xbox so I can get support to help me get my keys that I lost so how do I get past this it won’t let me link it to my Xbox live profile and I need to I need my 53 keys back

1 Like

Not sure what the issue is, but the last time I saw something similar it turned out that the individual concerned had accidentally entered the wrong email address on one side or the other of the synchronization process. From memory, that’s unfortunately not easy to check as an end-user.

If you go directly to shift.gearboxsoftware.com and look on the “Gaming Platforms” tab, what do you actually see for the XBox Live entry? For reference, this is what I see on mine:

47%20AM

And, when you launch the game:

• What do you see after the small status box shows that it’s trying to authenticate to the SHiFT server?
  • What do you see when you go into the SHiFT menu in-game (Extras>SHiFT Code), including available options along the bottom of the main SHiFT dialog box?

Nope. This doesn’t fix it or help. It simply only lets you click it and then says that the authorization has failed. It should realistically take you to a separate page to link the accounts(like every other one does) but Xbox live refuses and fails. It also cant be used to actually create a shift account as well so it forces you to make a shift account either another way or forcefully create a new shift account using the sign up function.

1 Like

That sounds like either a connection failure to SHIFT. or there’s a mismatch in information somewhere. You will need to file a support ticket for assistance.

I appreciate the help. Thought this thread would’ve regarded no response, especially that quickly.

Old thread I know but I am having the same problem and this did not work for me.
I have an xbox live account and an xbox one s.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Got you moved to a more recent thread in the XB1 section.

When you sign in to shift.gearboxsoftware.com, do you see that showing your account as linked to your XBL account?

im now experiancing the same problem of them not linking correctly

So it was working, and now it isn’t? Did you add/remove an account on a different platform to your SHIFT at all? Change your XBL gamer tag? Experience any weirdness with your account?

You’ll need to file a support ticket for assistance, since only someone with access behind the scenes can check what emails are associated with the account. Any additional information you can provide would be helpful, however. Also, you’ll need your shift support ID from the in-game shift menu - instructions on how to find it are on the support form.

My steam account is linked with and old account a i cant connect it to my new is there a way to delink my old account

You should be able to go to the shift web site and unlink it there.

https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/associations