Can't drop items

Hi there,
I can’t items from my inventory. Using X just doesn’t do anything, and I can’t find a way to rebind the key (if there’s any).
Anyone having the same problem?
Inventory and overall menu design is really not PC friendly and seem to be a huge setback from the B2 experience (which was already clunky). That’s disappointing :frowning:

Try selecting the weapon/item like you were going to equip it, then hold the drop button down?

1 Like

I tried… But I’ll check again holding the drop button for a longer time…

I had the same problem, but holding the X down worked. It’s the same as exiting the Bear Mech… just pressing the button doesn’t work, you have to hold it down (and there’s an animation around that button that shows the progress)

2 Likes

What the… ? Why did they make all these design choices that only slow up gameplay?

This threw me off at first (also when fast travelling on the map, etc.) I’m more or less used to it now. I guess they did this to lessen the chance of unintentional item drops, fast travelling, etc. if you tap the key unintentionally.

If you watch around the icon of the item you’re dropping you can see a bar like a progress meter moving. It goes all the way around the icon before you actually drop the item.

Yep, thanks. I see it now. I just don’t understand this choice, feels a bit like a dumbed down option compared to previous Borderlands.
Thanks for your help guys :slight_smile:

My guess would be complaints from folks in previous games who accidentally dropped something valuable and didn’t notice until it was too late to get it back.

I can understand the design change so you don’t accidentally drop things, but the delay is excessive. Yeah, I don’t want to accidentally drop stuff, but I don’t want to have to sit there and wait for what feels like an eternity to drop every single item one at a time either. It should not be more than a 1 second delay, and even that feels a bit too long.

Well, a decent PC version could offer both options. That’s not much to ask… But with the aim toggle not working properly right now, I guess offering better experience for PC users was not very high on the priority list…