Can't fast travel to vehicle

I can’t fast travel to any of my vehicles.

The first time in my game that I opened the map and tried to fast travel to my vehicle, the tutorial popped up but I skipped it because, who needs tutorial for this, right?

Then I selected/highlighted my vehicle on the map and pressed/held E to fast travel to my vehicle, but after the 2 seconds hold filled the button aura around the E, nothing happened. I tried fast travel to normal fast travel points, it worked.

Ever since then (even after rebooting, continuing the game further, changing maps, etc.) I just can’t fast travel to my vehicle at all, ever. I highlight my vehicle, hold E as prompted but nothing ever happens.

Anybody else got this issue? How could I possibly fix it? It’s like this function is not working at all in my save, which is a real bummer.

EDIT : known workarounds

blackmage524
Holding E to fast travel to vehicles is broken for me as well, but holding left click on the car’s icon on the map seems to work.

Deathelfgirl
I think I found a “fix” guys, if you have a controller connected to the pc use it only to fast travel to your car, afterwards disconnect it has it creates some annoying bugs when clicking on menus. It’s the only way, I can fast travel to the car. Please do tell if it also works the same way for you.

5 Likes

Maybe try reset the Tutorial in options.

I have this same issue, I tried the same as you, and reset tutorials but didn’t work.

Same issue where when I was playing with my mate. Couldn’t fast travel to both vehicles, whether I deployed it, or my mate.

Ditto, can’t fast travel to the vehicle which is somewhat annoying since you know you should be able to pop back to town, sell loot or return quests, and pop back to the area you just left via your vehicle, but instead you are forced to spawn your vehicle and drive back out there again due to a bug.

Hope it gets fixed soon as I cannot be bothered trudging the landscape numerous times for no good reason.

Playing with a friends with not let you fast travel on a vehicule while you or your friends are already inside a vehicule. Further research should help but that could help some of you for now until a fix.

I played with a friend tonight, and funny enough I was able to fast travel to his vehicles, but not mine.

Same issue for me.

In my first game session it was working - since i continued playing after the game was closed and restarted i could not fast travel to my vehicle anymore. Pretty annoying when you know it was working and you can’t fix it. Restart of the game did not help.

Its day 2 after release - i am sure they will find a fix soon, give them some time - meanwhile you can train your driving skills when you want to return to the point you traveled away from :wink:

I think I found a “fix” guys, if you have a controller connected to the pc use it only to fast travel to your car, afterwards disconnect it has it creates some annoying bugs when clicking on menus. It’s the only way, I can fast travel to the car. Please do tell if it also works the same way for you.

1 Like

Holding E to fast travel to vehicles is broken for me as well, but holding left click on the car’s icon on the map seems to work.

1 Like

Thanks! This 100% worked for me! While annoying at least it works!

1 Like

@blackmage524

Thanks, this ‘fix’ worked for me! Using the mouse button on the vehicle on the map allowed me to fast travel to it.

I was having the same bug last night. I can fast travel just fine to locations, but in multiple hours of gaming I was only able to fast travel to a vehicle once. This was a Co-Op game, so I tried my vehicles, other people’s vehicles, empty vehicles, driving vehicles, etc. We tried different hosts, I tried restarting my computer. It only worked that one time. The rest of the time the other 3 players had to take turns driving back to get me, and in some cases I would die and respawn across the map and not be able to fast travel to the cars parked outside the battle zone the rest of the players were in (and which they would fast travel to when they died).

I’ll try out the clicking on the vehicle work around tonight, and if need be the controller.
EDIT: Click & Hold directly on the vehicle worked for me!

For me it is haphazard at best. I can always fast travel to regular locations, but when I go to fast travel back it does as described (bar around the E fills up in the map screen). But, if I run a little, bring up map again sometimes it will let me. Sometimes I have to do that multiple times.

Really sad this hasn’t been fixed in over a year plus.