Can't get things to display in Taiidan/Kushan build menu

First thing I’m trying to do that’s not working is to make the Resource Controller for HW1 races not require research. I simply made its prereq the same as the collector, which is empty quotes.
It doesn’t show up in the build menu. It’s not even greyed out under it. Notably, it doesn’t show greyed up under it in vanilla either. After you get Assault frig research it finally appears there.

The other is more complicated, and also failing.
Basically, I’m trying to add production subsystems to MS.
I don’t know what hardpoints it has… and can’t see any easy way to modify them, so I’m overlapping a current one at least for a test:

StartShipHardPointConfig(NewShipType,"Production 1","Hardpoint_Resource","System","Production","Destroyable","","Tai_MS_Production_Strike","","","","","","","");

I have tai_ms_production_strike filled in everywhere. I just copied the fighter files and renamed and relocated them, basically.
And yes, it’s there in build.lua too. I wouldn’t imagine the display strings are the problem.

Ship = 0
SubSystem = 1
build =
{
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- PRODUCTION MODULE SUBSYSTEMS
    { 
        Type =                     SubSystem, 
        ThingToBuild =             "Tai_C_Production_Strike",
        RequiredResearch =        "",
        RequiredShipSubSystems =    "",
        DisplayPriority =        0,
        DisplayedName =            "$7100",
        Description =            "$7101" 
    },
    { 
        Type =                     SubSystem, 
        ThingToBuild =             "Tai_MS_Production_Strike",
        RequiredResearch =        "",
        RequiredShipSubSystems =    "",
        DisplayPriority =        0,
        DisplayedName =            "$7100",
        Description =            "$7101" 
    },

So it loads fine and everything without crashing, but you probably guessed it, the icon doesn’t appear in the build menu.

Oh jeez I figured out the first one. Needed “NewShipType.BuildFamily” set. Was on cap, which I guess just doesn’t show until that research is done. Which is odd… Would think they’d all show greyed out.

Ah I needed SubSystem_Vgr in addAbility(NewShipType,“CanBuildShips”…)

Still not working completely since there is no production module queue, but I seem to be figuring it out fine.