Can't Play From Game Save

Hi. So while I was saving my game, I set my controller down too close to my XBOX One console and the console turned off before my save was complete. Now, when I try to play the game, I get to the load screen, where the default character is displayed, but there are no options. None of the buttons on the controller affect any online behavior.

Is there anything I can do to recover the progress from this character, or do I just have to accept that all progress is lost, delete the game save file and start over?

Thanks

I would go to your Xbox One’s HDD and try to view the save file for the character. You should be able to tell by looking at it if the file is corrupt. Even if you saved to the Cloud, you should be able to view the character file there and tell if it is corrupt. It sounds like that might, unfortunately, be the case. If that is the case, you will have to start over again. I would recommend getting some sort of USB thumb drive to use as a backup for any important game saves.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Thanks for your response. I can see the Game Save on the console. I have the option to Delete it. How can I tell if it is corrupt?

Well on Xbox 360 at least, corrupt data usually has a Yellow exclamation mark next to it. I am not sure if the same applies to Xbox One.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Thanks again for your reply. There is no exclamation point next to the save file.

Can anyone tell me what the process is for cloud saves on XBOX One? I have read that the game save data is written to the console and the cloud simultaneously, but is that literally the case, or is it rather that as soon as the local save is completed, it is immediately copied to the cloud? I ask because I’m wondering if I delete the local save, is it possible that the previously written cloud save could still be in place and my game would reload from there.

Thanks

Well, I deleted the game save from the console and had the same problem. So I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it. When I restarted the game, my old save file was located. Problem solved.