Can't Reset BAR?

I’ve been on the HC for a few months now. First time getting to a BAR reset point, but no blue reset X appears.
I’ve completed 488, so it should have triggered at 485…
Is there anything different with the HC in terms of reset?
Thanks.

1 Like

Your total might include some entries in categories that don’t count towards prestige? It’s the same in all versions of the game. Details at the top here:

2 Likes

I’ve done 488 of 570, from the base games challenges.
I’ve reset 30-something, maybe 40 times in the dark ages on 360.
I’m fully aware of the process, and how it how worked in the past.
I’ve counted them 3 times, just to make sure, and have 488…

1 Like

Don’t know then - there shouldn’t be any difference between the 360 and XB1 versions as far as criteria is concerned. Other than doing a full restart and seeing if the reset option comes up then, I’m not sure. Was this a fresh save, or one ported over from 360?

1 Like

found this , don’t know if it will help or not,

"There’s a feature that lets you reset your own challenges when you complete 85% or more. The challenges that count towards the 85% are the non-area challenges. Anything under Southern Shelf, Sanctuary, Frostburn Canyon, etc. doesn’t count. DLC challenges don’t count either.

When you attain 85%, you get a new option on the Badass ranks page that lets you reset your challenges. There’s no notification when you get to 85%, so you just have to go and check.

When you reset your challenges, ALL challenges (including area challenges) get reset. This includes Cult of the Vault, Live Together Die Together (Pimon/Tumbaa), Save the Turrets, etc."

I’ve reset several times in the HC in both TPS and BL2, Haven’t paid attention to number completed
might also ck to make sure you didn’t miscount, happens to me occasionaly

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it was a ported one. I moved everything over & created (again) 2nd profile mules, clearing many unfinished previous characters. I think it might be a port.
I suppose it would make sense then, if the game thinks I’ve only completed 100, with 378 from the prior playthrough.
I resisted moving to next gen for so long, in part because I knew there would be problems. I’ve lost keys, characters, gear, it drives me up the wall. The game crashes occasionally, sometimes I get either crap audio, or crap video. Multiplayer works when it wants to. Hard resets, router resets. It was so smooth for years on 360.

1 Like

I counted, then recounted, then did it again… just to make sure I wasn’t going mad(der)…

I think what VH101 said about a ported character might be it…

1 Like

More info, I did hard reset the console

1 Like

Update, just for posterity… I had to take the console back to the shop. It got the black screen of death. They replaced it, and thank Yoda that it syncs everything from the cloud, so I didn’t have to transfer all the characters again.
Then… loaded up, blue reset X appeared. So whatever it was it was the console being a duck.

3 Likes