Can't unlock Alani

I can not unlock Alani. I bought the season pass and deluxe edition but I do not have any options to unlock her. I have closed and reopened the game several times. Pressed every button I can on her character. In marketplace tab, it will not allow me to go to the character tab. Not sure what else I can do besides buy Overwatch and play that.

1 Like

You need to have an available Hero Key to unlock Alani. See the following:

See also:

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

If you read my post I have both the deluxe edition and season pass. Both from preorder.

I assume you also have an available Hero Key?

No I have no keys. Can not unlock her.

This is my problem. I have no keys no way of unlocking her. I bought everything that is required.

If you do not have a Hero Key, you cannot unlock Alani. A Hero Key is required to unlock Alani. So you need to acquire a Hero Key, if you want to unlock Alani before 05/31. Your other option is to wait until 05/31, when you can spend 47K in-game currency to unlock Alani in lieu of having a Hero Key.

Do you not get a hero key from the deluxe edition and season pass?

You said you restarted the game; did you try restarting your XB1 as well? If that doesn’t work, report the missing hero key to 2K support:

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/201214053-Battleborn

(Note: you should have seen a prompt to unlock Alani using the Hero Key when her charater is highlighted in the Command Centre)

Wish there was a quick fix but thank you VaultHunter101. Smarter then the other guy.

1 Like

Im having the same issue. have tried everything 2k support pretty much told me to screw off soo im at a loss i want my money back i paid full price for everything. after today i’ve lost all motivation to even play this game now just disappointing

1 Like

Yeah she shows unlocked in my command center, but she’s locked when I try to choose her, also received no freaking key.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m having the same exact problem and haven’t gotten an helpful response OR found any options online that lead to a solution… If you find something, let us know!

1 Like

I spoke with Microsoft and if 2K and gearbox don’t fix this I will be getting a full refund. It’s been three weeks since the game came out and still no fix for the hundreds of fans like me that payed for a delux package and all we get is base game and a title that says elite. I still haven’t received my firstborn pack and now this is happening again with my season pass. Digital bonus what digital mockery to the face of the customer.

Hey @JoeKGBX, could you please look into this problem? There’s something screwy with the DD version for some folks.

Still have not received any response from 2k. Switching to Overwatch.

I also have no keys, and I’m pretty sure I didn’t get the cyber skins or emotes either. I haven’t seen a list of what the cybe are actually called.

The team is already on the case, guys! We’re looking into it and as soon as there is news, I’ll let you guys know.

3 Likes

I had the same situation. I explored around a bit (using in-game "command"
tab menus), and finally stumbled into the character key screen. Then unlocked
Alani.

Due to not paying attention, I can’t tell you how to find it. Maybe someone could
reply to this post with detail information on how to get to the unlock screen in
game?