Cartels Drops Nerfed

Tyrone is the only mini boss that spawns outside of the Cartel mansion, and he only seems to drop the Fish grenade now. Are any other mini bosses spawning for others? Are you getting any of the top-tier weapons?

I get that RNG is RNG, but this is very suspect.

1 Like

I’ve probably gotten about 6 or 7 yellowcakes from him in the past few days, so maybe just bad rng

depends ever since the may 7th hotfix ive noticed a decrease in miniboss spawns but i get the same amount of gold cartel summons

1 Like

For me everything is lowered. Less gold beacons. Then they do appear, less mini bosses. If there is a mini boss it’s always Tyrone and he only drops the fish (which always has the same stupid anointment). Hot fix is applied, I’m on M10, doing the Athenas run. I get even less mini boss appearances in other areas.

The massive amount of punitive RNG is sucking the joy out of this game faster than Tyreen at a kids’ party.

1 Like

I’ve had all the bosses spawn today while running around on Pandora. I’ve had all the cartel gear drop too.

I got two Yellowcakes, a x4 NoPewPew, a Needle Gun, a Fish Slap, and an Iceburger today in Nekrotafeyo and the Proving Grounds.

RNG is RNG.

1 Like

Was wondering if it was me. Ive noticed Jose isnt dropping the OPQ as much. Been trying for a certain anoint since it WAS dropping so good but now i barely get one. At least we have good people in the trades, if it wasnt for this community i wouldnt be having as good a time.

I’ve noticed a huge reduction in the drops since the beginning of the Cartel event. I’d get to the Joey fight kill the 2 bosses then suicide and repeat until I had pile of loot to sort through and there’d be much less of the event loot. In the beginning they were throwing it at us.

1 Like

I haven’t seen an OPQ from a mini boss since week 1. The only thing that I get is Fish Slap and once in a great while a Yellowcake. The gold beacons are more rare and they don’t always spawn mini bosses. Mini bosses mostly drop garbage world drops.

3 Likes

I have hardly ever gotten a mini boss to spawn outside the mansion. The only place i had a decent success at it was the scraptrap farm. There i would end up with 4-5 at a time each time. Usually fishslap the corrosion guy or the shield guy usually. It is possible the others spawned and died too quick for me to notice.

1 Like

They don’t spawn on Xylourgos. The gold beacon comes out but no mini boss spawns. It’s just another broken part of this game.

2 Likes

I had at least 5 different underbosses spawn while running some missions in Ambermire yesterday (with the latest hotfix). Didn’t run the mansion map though. Tyrone was not one of them. (XB1 ML2 if it matters)

1 Like

That could be my problem lol. Im usually there farming for an anarchy between cartel missions

1 Like

None of the mini-bosses drop anything for me outside of the main boss fight. Really sucks because I like that map a lot and it was fun when the RNG was normal and a boss might drop something you like.
Nothing is a given now.

2 Likes

Could be map dependend. I’ve never gotten any other Cartel Boss than Tyrone on Athenas but on other maps it was completely different.

1 Like

I’ve had the mini boss gold drop thing show but no mini bosses spawn, just regular cartel thugs.

Been going on a for a while now.

2 Likes

I dont think they are supposed to always spawn with the gold but just a chance they can. I could be wrong

1 Like

That wouldn’t make any sense at all. The different beacons tell you what is spawning. Gold = mini boss.

I’m really not sure about the beacons. First off, there can often be a noticeable delay between the beacon ending and the spawn arriving; this can make it look like nothing happened. Second, as noted, the orange beacon doesn’t always yield an underboss.

I had wondered if there was some restriction on the type of underboss with planet faction, so if RNG rolled Franco Firewall but Maliwan types couldn’t be on that map you’d get a random replacement. However, it’s hard to read any consistent behaviour across multiple planets and maps when you have a dozen red dots swarming around you.

1 Like

From what I can tell, Tyrone always spawns on Athenas.i actually got more yellowcakes from him spawning right outside of Traunts arena than I did farming the villa lol

2 Likes