Join us we celebrate ten years of Borderlands with a five-week Borderlands 3 event featuring tons of rewards!
You’ve come a long way, Vault Hunter. This month, it will have been 10 years since the original Borderlands made its debut on October 20, 2009; we’ve been shooting and looting across Pandora and the galaxy beyond ever since. Whether you’re a longtime fan or a series newcomer, we’re so glad you’re here with us for Borderlands 3, and we’re showing our appreciation with a five-week Borderlands Anniversary Celebration. For the entire month of October (and a little bit of November), Borderlands 3 Vault Hunters of all levels can score in-game loot and bonuses just by playing.
Starting today, the next five weeks will all have their very own theme in Borderlands 3, encouraging different in-game activities to maximize your rewards. As of now, Boss Week is live, which will be active until October 8, 2019 at 8:59 AM PDT when the following week’s theme begins. During Boss Week, some bosses will have an increased chance to drop a unique Legendary item. Here’s a full breakdown of Legendary loot drops by boss:
- Mouthpiece has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun
- KillaVolt has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer
- Gigamind has an increased chance to drop Nagata
- Katagawa Ball has an increased chance to drop Rectifier
- Katagawa has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
- Rampager has an increased chance to drop Kill-o’-the-Wisp
- Warden has an increased chance to drop Echo
- GenIVIV has an increased chance to drop Ten Gallon
- Aurelia has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death
- Graveward has an increased chance to drop Earworm
- Pain and Terror (and Agonizer 9000) have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
- Troy has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner
- Tyreen has an increased chance to drop Bitch
If you’re looking to expand your collection of unique Legendary loot, make sure to drop in on all those bosses and make them wish they had never messed with you and your Vault Hunter pals. Keep in mind that this is just the beginning of the Borderlands Anniversary Celebration, and while we’re saving some surprises for later, we thought we’d give you an early look at the calendar:
Week 1 (October 1-7): Bonus Boss Loot!
Week 2 (October 8-14): Rare Spawn Hunt!
Week 3 (October 15-21): Show Me the Eridium!
Week 4 (October 22-28): Mayhem on Twitch!
Week 5 (October 29 - November 4): Spooky Surprise!
So what are you waiting for? Jump into Borderlands 3 and start beating down bosses across the galaxy to earn even more loot. We’ll be unveiling the full bonuses for each week’s theme every Monday this month, so be sure to check back to see what’s in store for the Borderlands Anniversary Celebration. In the meantime, we’d like to extend our deepest thanks to the entire Borderlands community for your dedication, passion, and support. Here’s to many more years of mayhem.
This event is distributed via a Micro Patch:
Micro patches are not permanent – they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 3. To ensure that you receive micro patches, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 3 boots up and hang out on the Menu screen for a minute.