Certain HUD elements outside screen on 32:9 displays

Certain hud elements are not scaling properly on 32:9 displays. For example, at 3840x1080 - the Area Change timer is well outside the lower right side of the hud, as well as challenge notifications being cropped on the top of the screen. Looks like a weird scaling is being applied to these elements.

Did you try calibrating the safe area?

Yeah, it ignores the safe area calibration, or atleast doesn’t really help.

Any chance a dev could look at this?

Same for me, and disabling FidelityFX Sharpening doesn’t work for this problem.

Apologies bumping this old thread, but is there any resolution to this? Still experiencing these issues three months on, and it seems to have gotten slightly worse. Now there’s a part of the fast travel map that overlays onto the rest of the UI.

This problem is still unresolved.
Anyone else see a fix or should I return this huge display and go back to a 32" UHD head on my rig.

No fix yet. This issue boils down to the hard coded scaling within the game for certain elements, since no in-game settings appear to have any effect. The fact that it broke even more with the 1.05 patch demonstrates that it’s definitely up to the devs to resolve, and that it’s something they’re not paying any attention to.

I submitted a support ticket about a month ago and haven’t gotten any response outside of “give us more info and we’ll give it to the bug team”.

It strikes me as very odd that something that so drastically affects the gameplay experience has gone unacknowledged by Gearbox. Surely they have to test things in ultra widescreen.