Challenge Accepted Glitched?

Hey,

With BL3 just around the corner I decided after almost 5000 hours in BL2 I should maybe
try and platinum it. Everything is complete apart from multiple glitched challenges that I
can’t complete on the Challenge Accepted trophy. I have over 40 chars and it’s the same
story on all of them, am I screwed or is there any way around this?

Any help from you trophy hounds is appreciated!

Thanks.

1 Like

Which ones are messed up? There’s a complete list of the required challenges here:

2 Likes

Thanks for deleting the other post and the link!

All the glitched ones are elemental…

Say “Watt” Again
Corrodorate
Acid Trip
Slag Licked
I just Want to Set the World on Fire

All stick on lvl 1 with massive / small numbers that just keep on adding
up but never ticking over into lvl 2. What’s probably worse is having to get
rid of 20 odd maliwan elegance skins per session! lol

1 Like

Ah, that glitch… I’m honestly not sure what you can do about that. I’ve so far managed to avoid it personally. Were all 40 characters created new on your current gaming platform, or were they imported from an older console? (I think you’re on PS4, no?)

1 Like

Yeah, all PS4, I didn’t play until THC came out.

Ahhh well, never wanted the stupid platinum anyway!! :cry:

Thanks anyhoo!

1 Like

@nat_zero_six - did you ever figure out a solution to the glitched elemental challenges?

1 Like

When the challenge states a single character, that is literal, yes?

1 Like

Yes. You have to complete all of the challenges to tier 1 on the same character save. (Although your total BAR points and perks a shared across characters, the actual challenge completion is unique to each one.)

1 Like

Thanks, I was sorta hoping there was a way around it by maybe making a
new pre leveled 30 char to try for the elemental challenges.

alas 'twas all for naught

1 Like

yeah, I ran into the same glitch…I haven’t seen any workaround for it so no platinum on PS4 for me… I think it comes from importing your characters from PS3 as all of mine save 1 (which isn’t even close to completing anything, nor would I even bother) were imported from PS3.

1 Like

All my saves are from PS4, I didn’t get the game until THC came out. I’ve had
friends with PS3 imported chars drop gear for me in THC on PS4, but that
can’t affect my game in the same way, yeah?

1 Like

Hmmm, I wouldn’t think so, but I clearly don’t know the source of the glitch given that you are running into the same thing with characters created on PS4.

1 Like

Bar Room Brawl did it for me. Those numbers will revert back to zero eventually, I started with Shock then Fire then did the slag last. Once you get the shock and fire do not use any skills, weapons or shield that do those elemental dots.

4 Likes

Thanks Nat!

Those challenges should randomly fix themselves. I had two glitched challenges randomly fix themselves (slag licked, and heal plz). Slag licked fixed itself after going off twice consecutively while I was killing infected enemies in helios fallen, and I’m unsure how my heal plz fixed itself, but it did. I got both the challenge accepted trophy, and the platinum tonight, so it is still possible.

Cheers Nat, the Bar Room Brawl it is then!

1 Like

It’s a lot more than “randomly fixing themselves”…I’ve played the game for many, many hours with this glitch and it’s never resolved itself…Slag licked goes off constantly and I have to stop a couple of times a session to dump all the Maliwan Elegance skins clogging my backpack…Similar with the fire one, but less often…

Thanks to @nat_zero_six for giving us a potential way out, focusing on one element at a time until that one ticks over and then onto another one…

1 Like