Character data not found?

Before the long winded start this is about the 360 version of Borderlands 2.

So my brother and I bought The Handsome Collection to play Borderlands 2 on the Xbox 1 with the DLC. When we went to start transferring characters to the cloud to bring them to the new one my characters were all there everything worked fine, but when we loaded his gamer profile up none of the characters could be found.

Now we did hit Y to look for new characters on there and even checked the usb flashdrive which all of our borderlands data was on. The same one that all of my characters, which loaded fine were also on. We saw all of his characters saves and backups on the flash drive and everything seemed fine on the storage end. We went back and still none of his characters loaded.

Is there anything we can do about it because, and not to sound dramatic, he put a lot of hours into the game and we were looking forwards to playing the new badass DLC for the upcoming Borderlands 3…

To answer some basic questions, both of our data was on the same flash drive, he’s had his same gamer profile since he started on Xbox Live with no change in email or anything like that. We started a new character and got the gold keys then backed out and still nothing. All of my characters were there to be used but NONE of his were. I would assume corruption if it was maybe one or two of them but none of his are showing up. What’s really frustrating about it is we can see the saved data on the flashdrive and all of my characters worked just fine, so it’s like seeing it behind a glass wall and not being able to grab it, so to speak.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

When transferring saves from a 360 to USB key, you have to be extremely careful to only copy/move those associated with your own gamer tag. If you had moved your brother’s saves while signed in under your account, that could have messed things up.

I assume that you have the USB key in the XB1, and that you’re using the backwards compatible version of the game to load the save from USB then upload it so that it can be downloaded in the HC version.

Best thing would be to exit the game, remove the USB, then have your brother sign in, insert the USB, etc.

If that doesn’t work, I’m not sure what you could do without access to a physical 360.