Character gone after Windows reinstall :(

I recently reinstalled Windows because my PC was acting a little weird as of late, and I assumed that my BL3 save would be fine since I had been using cloud saves throughout my time playing. However when I went to log on to try the Bloody Harvest event my Level 50 Zane was gone, I contacted Epic but they said to make sure cloud saves were enabled (which they were) and thats basically it. They said there’s nothing they could do and hope you can back to where you were soon yada yada. But I’m feeling really discouraged after spending 40+ hours on getting to max level and complete the story twice I have no motivation to start again and play through that story all over again. F’s in the chat plz :frowning:

Oh man… that’s a drag.

1 Like

Do what I do, backup your saves ELSEWHERE before you start playing and and when you are finished. You shouldn’t rely on cloud-based saving alone. You should have other methods of backup at your disposal, such as a Flash Drive which are readily available today and cheap.

2 Likes

Sorry but that one’s on you for not backing up your files before wiping Windows… LL: never rely on ANY cloud save service.

Now onto some good news; Ki11erSix on YT offers a level 50 Zane save on this video.

PS. Not affiliated, just know him

2 Likes

this is good post. I think about clean install window for test SLI thing :open_mouth: now. I know I need to copy and paste my save file before active it :o

I think mod should pin a topic about save files . or copy and replace save file before active new game client. Bl3 keep loseing customer and got angry customer couz of this :open_mouth:

1 Like

True I should’ve saved just never had that problem before since Steam lol. Thanks for the video though saves me a lot of time :smiley:

1 Like

You betcha and good luck