Character iteration painfully slow

Just a general whine:
Character iteration is terribly slow on PS4 in BL2.
When I’m at the load screen and hit triangle to select a character, it takes 10 seconds (timed 10 times to be sure) to bring up the character list. I currently have 30 characters on my PS4.
One my Xbox One with 50+ characters it takes 2 seconds (SSD). On my Mac with Steam and 28 characters it’s almost instantaneous (SSD).
I don’t know if this is a PS4 file system issue or what, but it’s very annoying when I’m switching characters or moving between characters to transfer gear.
Just annoying.
–RoA

1 Like

No, it’s just not an SSD.

1 Like

Nah, on my Xbox One before I moved to SSD it still was in the sub 5 second range.
–RoA

1 Like

But how long is it to load the game from scratch to start playing?
I remember the “iteration time” on PS3 to be faster but the overall time if I don’t need to load another character on the PS4 is much faster. I’ll bet it’s even faster if I do load another character. Which i admit. Is annoyingly long.

1 Like

I agree with that, Character loading is fast, nothing to complain about there.
That’s why the iteration time is perplexing. I thought it might be because there was lag in opening each character to get the current mission and mode, but the character load time indicates that the open/read times are fine.
It (coming from an OS engineering background) feels like directory iteration on SonyOS might be flawed, but I of course don’t know for sure.
–RoA

1 Like

Unless it’s checking each one against the cloud sync version as it creates the list? Cloud sync on both platforms (PS4 and XB1) has its quirks (although they tend to be slightly different in nature and scope)

1 Like

Maybe network syncing is happening, not sure. I think that’s happening when the Searching for new content banner is in the lower left though.
–RoA

1 Like

That’s the game checking for available DLC; it also checks for title updates just before that.

1 Like

it is a pain when you select a wrong character. lol

1 Like