Character/Skins DLC (b/c we all know it's coming..) Suggestion

GBX/T2 would be fools to not add more characters/skins as DLC. As this is likely not a possibility but inevitability, here is how I hope it is handled.

First; perspective; let’s use LoL as an example. IP is earned (just like credits in Battleborn) and RP is basically irl money (same usage here).

LET US PURCHASE (at least characters, skins would be nice too) WITH IN-GAME CREDITS. Locking these behind a paywall will turn many of us off. Obviously, the credit cost should be substantial enough that forces a decision between grind it out or pay now.

When you do start pushing out characters please try to balance them prior to releasing…don’t pull an LoL and knowingly put out characters in an OP state just so people will buy them only to patch/nerf them later, very unethical tactic.

It would be nice to see an option to unlock skins with in game currency or maybe achieving an amazing feat.

Honestly though, you learn so much when you put a character out on the live servers than you will pre-testing them. I’m sure they are going to do their best with balance but we really won’t know how “OP” a character is until it is played against all types of players. Based off the players reactions they will react I suppose, every new character has the potential to unbalance the game and its on us to help out in that department. IMO of course, I don’t know crap.

Gearbox will most likely make more skins but put them in random packs. Make the players play the game more.

1 Like

Confirm? Link? Not being mean, just don’t see a company that wants/needs money making a choice like that, especially for a moba-esk game where data has proven people WILL buy these things. I hope your theory becomes fact.

For all the passerbys if you want this, just “+1” (or something) in a comment, how will your voice be heard if you don’t speak up…

As far as I know, it has been confirmed that there will be no characters you need to buy.

“Gamers can expect five more heroes hitting after launch – completely
FREE – for all platforms, bringing the total roster to 30! And that’s
just the beginning of many free updates we’re planning. Competitive
multiplayer modes, maps, balance updates, and community features will
also be free.”

Found this here: https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-the-vision-for-battleborn-post-launch-content/

Characters will not be behind a paywall. Skins are though, as far as I know.
“each pack will cost $4.99 and include one new Story Operation, as well as exclusive hero skins and taunts.”
There are 5 DLC packs, and you can get the for less than 4.99:
"In the meantime, Battleborn’s Season Pass costs $19.99 and will net you
all five packs for the price of four. You can also pick up the Season
Pass as part of Battleborn’s Digital Deluxe Edition, which includes the
base game, the Season Pass, and some bonus cosmetic customizations for
$74.99 – which saves you $10 in total if you’re already thinking of
getting the game and all five add-on packs.
"

Found in the same link.

This is the information you needed, right? Or did I read something wrong? ;p

1 Like

Should be noted that there are 5 of those packs currently planned.

1 Like

It’s in the link I posted up there, but decided to add it to my post anyways. ;p

Read it, good stuff. New story missions locked behind paywall is fine, each could be viewed as a small expansion. Skins makes sense. Let’s be clear here also, they do need a strategy to make money this seems very fair.

I am worried the MP going the way of Evolve where you got maps for free but each new character/monster was locked behind a paywall.

-pats- You don’t have to worry anymore, mate. No paywalls for important things. At least, that is what they say. ;3 And Gearbox also said that they won’t do microtransactions but I forgot where I read that.;p

1 Like