Check Your Ego! Play Support!

Sure, you get more EXP if you have more kills (I think?) but come on guys you couid have 0’s across the scoreboard and stil win the match if you’re advancing as a team, Buiding infrastructure, gathering Thralls, doing coordinated attacks.

STOP CHASING KILLS!

3 Likes

Have you looked at the modern world lately? The media is promoting a culture that is all about feeding your ego at the expense of others. Good luck in your fight but just know that you are fighting one hell of an uphill battle.

3 Likes

And please, for the love of what ever higher power/non power you believe in, do not try to get thralls as a support. You take far too long.

1 Like

While I’d have to unfortunately agree, there’ve been a lot of people on these very forums saying how they prefer support and making suggestions for more support characters as opposed to the straight up damage dealers. If any game could make them popular, it should be this one.

1 Like

Thralls are great support, if you defend them. They can clear entire minion waves and knock enemy Battleborn into the air.

However, it upsets me when a team member tries to get the middle thralls on their own when the enemy has already engaged my sentry. It is not going to help.

1 Like

I don’t know what you are talking about. I’m the best damn healer on the planet.

Oh wait…

@shuttle127 I think sometimes people get hung up on “support” and what the concept means in other games. I love playing supports in other games too, but here you can be a pretty good damage dealer at the same time, which can be a lot of fun and provides a different playstyle than, say an mmo healer would have.

1 Like

[quote=“shuttle127, post:4, topic:1543572”]
there’ve been a lot of people on these very forums saying how they prefer support[/quote]

This.

I’m one of them. I play with a somewhat regular group and while we’ll normally pick random heroes against newbies, when a full pre-made or full CR100’s gets put against us, I’m full on support because my ego will take a victory with 0 kills over a loss with 30 any day of the week.

3 Likes

Hahaahahaha

1 Like

Believe the point @sebspace was trying to make is that support characters take longer to defeat the thralls and spawn some of their own than non-support characters, so their time would be better spent in the lane helping push or bringing a damage dealer to help capture the thralls first.

Kinda easy to do when there’s less than 30 others (that we currently know of) all fighting for survival from the evil Varelsi hordes, eh?

If I did that as Thorn but still had highest damage and minions/objectives, would you hold it against me?

2 Likes

Details, details.

2 Likes

IMHO, they need to change the Score system a lot to improve that. That will make more people to play supporters (and master them to really help the team). Just by giving score points for each great amount healed, for objectives and other stuff will really help, since now they only care about showing Kills ans Assists.

3 Likes

I have a friend who does this, and no matter how hard we try to correct this he just doesn’t care. Sometimes the backpack just has to be wide.