Chiming in on the dedicated drop rate's

I want to offer my feedback and this coming from a BL1 player that sometime’s jump’s on it still farming for first time pearl drop’s! I love BL3, here for the long haul but after this first 5 month’s of play time i realize drop’s need some adjusting. I’m use to the older game’s and would rather have my loot drop instead of going to the trade section which lately is quite a bit. Being specific, item’s like shield’s and artifact’s shouldn’t have a drop chance like the Norfleet in the old days or Sandhawk from BL2.

I understand what you did with the save point’s trying to speed up farming time but dedicated drop source’s should have only one or two at the most to drop. I get on the forum everyday so i know this is an issue with the community so i hate to sound like a snowflake. I only what this game to grow and really don’t have any other issue’s except the UI from time to time and long loading time’s “xbox”. Anyway thank you for your continuous improvement and awesome game and understand i’m a huge fan doing my part.

3 Likes

I agree. The biggest issue with dedicated drops is that the enemies with those dedicated drops have like +4 items in their loot pool. It should never be more than 2 because then you just get ripped off too much. It seems like their goal was to condense the loot pools so that you can “kill multiple birds with one stone” when farming, but it just doesn’t work that way. I’ve gotten so many Pestilence pistols farming for Spiritual Drivers that I could probably fill a bank on a new account.

I think it was Joltzdude or maybe Killer6 that pointed out there are like 50 named enemies that drop nothing, so it makes sense to me to just spread out the dedicated drops so that you can more easily target the stuff you want.

They also need to adjust the “RNG” of world drops, because it’s definitely not RNG. I don’t care what you say, it’s not. Some gear is weighted more heavily than others. I get so many Krakatoas, ASMDs, Ducs, Floods, and Gunnerangs that literally more than 60% of my world drops are those 5 items. There is no way that’s RNG. If it were true RNG I would see a lot more variety, but I don’t. It’s the same stuff over and over again.

3 Likes

I hope they make better but I honestly don’t think they want to raise or change the dedicated drops and we should accept it. They’ve had plenty of time to do it and it would be generally well received by the player base but they haven’t so maybe they assume if people get what they want faster more people would stop playing or maybe it keeps people playing longer well whatever the reason its safe to assume its probably not gonna happen.

2 Likes

Wow 50!? Didn’t know that. I hope they’re exploring the option to spread loot out more. Seem’s an obvious solution so hopefully. Speaking of hopefully both first two game’s had plenty of improvement’s over the year’s so maybe we’ll get adjustment’s in our favor.

True, could be a marketing thing but i feel they are trying new thing’s with this game. Increasing spawn point’s to lessen in game run to the boss time is major but drop’s do need tweaking.

1 Like

Bringing up a valid issue with the game in no way makes you a “snowflake”!

These are both issues i’d love too see addressed!

1 Like

I wish they would go back to the BL2 way of dedicated drops. In BL2, if I wanted a Bee, I knew to go to Hunter Hellquist because that’s all he dropped. Sometimes Bees (or other legendaries) would show up in boxes or lockers but that was rare.

2 Likes

Yeesss! So simple so why stray from it. And the better the item sometime’s the harder or longer to get.

2 Likes

It will only get worse as they introduce more legendaries and anointments. I agree that loot pools are kinda bloated. The messed up thing is i can farm Borman Nates for literal hours and not get one Cutsman but the second I beat the Takedown Wotan drops 3. WTF!! In all honesty I get the weapons I want from world drops and not the actual drop source. Smh. For me the simple solution is make dedicated drops 100% drop rate and to all the people that would chime in and say “you want everything givin to you” that’s not the case. 100% Guaranteed drops already exist in the game in case of The Handsome Jackpot dlc. Put it like this I’ve been farming the Fabricator for my god roll Ion Cannon 4 times a week since the dlc came out and still haven’t gotten it. But since it’s a guaranteed drop I know i’m getting it and at that point it’s finding the one you want. My solution is simple make unique drops 100% and cutdown on the convoluted loot pools. Like I said with the introduction of new legendaries and anointments it’s gonna get worse.

1 Like

Rare is quite an understatement - more like ‘never’ :frowning: . And yes I know that Treants were added as a bee source later on, which made it somewhat more palatable.

For the record, I hated BL2 loot system with a passion - it was a godsend for farmers, but if you do not enjoy farming and prefer just leveling or playing the maps instead of staring at load screens, you were out of luck. Liked BL1 much more in that regard, and BL3 as well.

1 Like

I could happily beat up Savage Lee all day for a perfect Harold… :grinning:

1 Like

I get that certain drops are unique and rare so to speak. Like Terramorphous drops. People went months trying to get certain drops let alone a drop! But a dime a dozen items from non bosses should be adjusted some. Trying to get an ice breaker victory rush artifact from sloth for days, seen every element type but it!

1 Like

Yes it was tough for some but thats what the borderlands series is in a nutshell. Was on the forum from the get go for BL2 and it was easily 100% more flaming than now.

Could or did? I did half a day before i found out he was glitched.

Somewhat debatable, given that we have BL1 as a counterexample (and BL3 to a degree). To my knowledge BL1 did not have a dedicated source for highly sought guns like Hellfire, Pestilent Defiler, Volcano, etc. So, in a way player was largely encouraged to play the game and ‘use what you find’.

Which was awesome in my book, but likely upset min-max/farming segment.

BL1 was a different type of farm. Machines,pre patch New Haven and Crimson Fastness were the main farm spots to get upgrade gear so yeah it could be debatable. :wink:

BL3’s system is definitely a lot more fun when you’re just running missions like CoS or PG, but there NEEDS to be a better way to target specific versions of gear. Give us something like item re-rolls or purchase-able anointments, and you’d have the best of both worlds.

3 Likes

BL1 had the Gift Shop…

Well the gift shop wasn’t very lucrative before the Enhanced Edition. Although I do think people often forget that BL1 farming was mainly just fighting Craw and glitching into the armoury.

2 Likes

True. When Knoxx dropped it overshadowed vanilla from then on. But up to it as Charmless stated no one had a dedicated drop except machines really.

1 Like