Christmas Event? Maybe... maybe not?

I’m just wondering if this time around we are gonna get a Christmas seasonal (or permanent) event. Discuss your ideas if they will or not.

I’m hoping there will be, even if they just copy and paste Tinder Snowflake (I wouldn’t mind). Then ppl can have a raid boss too and I nice christmas map designed in the new bl3 graphics engine. Or maybe I’m too optimistic :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah, having no Mercenary Day event was strange last year…

6 Likes

Press X to doubt.

2 Likes

I don’t think so if only because there wasn’t one last Christmas (like I don’t htink they’re working on new event material). Would love to be wrong though.

2 Likes

I surely hope to be wrong to, I’m hopeful but only about 15% that this might happen.

The last Bordercast seemed to suggest they will next be announcing something on Dec 31st, although it was rather ambiguous. I’d really like a Christmas event though. Gimme those festive vibes.

1 Like

I would love to see all of the seasonal Headhunter Packs re-issued/re-imagined in BL3, with Raid Bosses and other re-playable missions so that they can be enjoyed multiple times all year long.

6 Likes

A mercenary day event would be lovely. Another takedown would be fantastic as well.

But I seriously doubt they’re working on anything new other than the director’s cut, which won’t be until spring.

Next one we get will most likely be the recycled Valentine’s day heart thing and then cartel after that.

7 Likes

I would be willing to pay in addition to the SP2 content to get separate Headhunter content. As long as they were similar in nature to the BL2 HHs.

7 Likes

Might be a little too optimistic. A Christmas event would be exactly what everyone wants so I don’t think that’s something they’d do. They’re more likely to release things nobody’s asking for like how they did with arms race or like they did with the fourth skill trees when practically everyone was asking for a new character.

8 Likes

Idk how many employees, but I hope they’re able to spare a few for more events, this game is running really dry in new content and a lot of good games are coming out.

2 Likes

It’s not the same as a full-blown event, but last year they had some item giveaways through shift/mail system, and some Christmas themed wallpapers for mobile devices. It kinda looks like we’re not getting that either :confused:

1 Like

I mean, last year they added a bunch of free cosmetics and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the same thing this year.

So much they could have done like the valentine thing…

But… Nothing…

Look at the Halloween event… They didn’t even fix the bug with haunt… A whole ■■■■■■■ year… And all they did was re-enable the event…

So not expecting much anymore… I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave up on this game.

1 Like

The X already broke.

On so many levels.

1 Like

They need to do something or announce upcoming info or a event. They need to do something to keep the interest up on the game.

2 Likes

Very true. I consider myself a pretty loyal fan (literally played this game for 15 months, stuck with it right from launch and only played another game for a brief two weeks while they got their act together after dropping Mayhem 2.0) but with how dry and dusty things have gotten I’m picking up another game now. Didn’t want to do it but I just felt like this many weeks without a hotfix or any kind of announcement whatsoever was just too much.

I hope they’re planning stuff but from their silence it really seems like they’re winding down their support on the game and that after the Director’s Cut drops that’ll be it. Shame, because if they’d committed to it they could have made this game so great and had it lasting as long as Borderlands 2 or Destiny 2. More Takedowns, some raid bosses, a Bunkers and Badasses expansion, extending the story beyond the end of the game, the possibilities are endless.

8 Likes

We could all use a little lootplosion in game, right about now would be great timing. We recently pitched in, now show that professional courtesy. Merry Christmas, and Happy Holliday’s.

3 Likes

We will see. They haven’t done anything like a patch or a update in while. I thought this game was there greatest thing. If it was they would be all over it announcing stuff and patches and what not.
Now well its in limbo or just them doing something else. Reminds me of EA and the C and C games back in day. They would jump from game to game cause of well money. I hate to see BL3 get the same treatment. As i said we will see.

Same here, honestly I’m still playing the game but only once a week now. With AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077 to keep me busy, I don’t see me holding long enough for this drought. Unless, they announce or give us an update that they are at least here.

@OverLord01
I hope they don’t do that. I do hope this game can last a very long time. If they can’t fix this game, I don’t see how it will be logical for me to support BL4 whenever that comes out.

In the end, guess we should cut some slack due to COVID-19. Some employees may not have the resources they need to speed up processes and stuff.

1 Like