Cinematics black flashes with V-Sync

In the cinematics with V-Sync turned on or set to Adaptive, I get lots of black flashes scanning down my screen.

AMD Radeon 7970 with Catalyst 14.12 drivers on Windows 8.1 64-bit

I saw this as well and reported it directly. Difference for me is that I only get the bug with Adaptive mode. With VSYNC completely ON or OFF I don’t get the flashes. Strange.

R9 290 here.

Actually you’re right. I just assumed that all Adaptive meant was that V-sync was either going to be switched on or off in a given situation, and since it was fine when fully off, it must have been turned on at that moment.

To be honest, I was too impatient to get into the campaign unhindered to check that explicitly once I found I could get it to work :-p.

Adaptive sync is a new option in the VESA standard. Don’t confuse it with NVidia G-Sync. NVidia’s G-Sync is hardware based in the monitor, Adaptive Sync is protocol based in the VESA stack and it’s free, that is if the hardware you have supports it in it’s driver.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/freesync-faq.aspx

Kindly,

Me

Sorry, I’m not understanding you. My graphics card is connected to my monitor via DVI/HDMI, not DisplayPort.

Looking at Nvidia’s G-Sync, and I assume AMD’s FreeSync, that seems to be over and above Adaptive V-Sync, which is a software/driver-based dynamic swithcing of V-Sync on and off.