Classic gameplay mod?

Howdy. I recently found my copy of HWrm, and started playing through the remastered games this weekend gone. The updated graphics have made this game fantastically beautiful, and deeply immersive.

Unfortunately I was very unpleasantly surprised to see that a lot of the gameplay mechanics have been completely buggered, including a per-ship pop cap. If I had known this to be the case… I might not have bought the remastered game when it released.

Regardless, I have it now. So, in the interests of a pure experience with the updated graphics and audio, are there any mods out here that do the following?

• Return the ship pop cap to it’s original, proper config (I’ll settle for removing it, but I’d rather not)

• Return the enemy AI to it’s original specification

• Return material spawns to their original specification

Furthermore, can I apply a mod to HWrm without impacting the game I’m currently playing? I’d rather not start over.

FWIW, I did have a brief look at the forums, but I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking for. Everything seems to be on Steam, which I don’t use.

There are a couple of mods that do help. Unfortunately they’re on Steam. Regardless, there’s no mods that return the game to original HW gameplay. Only make it more tolerable.

I take it there’s no real way to pull the new graphics and audio into the old game? I would very much like the new UI, too, but I imagine that’s unfeasible

I still mod and play the 20 year old game. Not interested in the new versions. Eye candy only goes so far. Maybe some day someone will actually bring out a HW game that reflects on the original.

1 Like

I take it there’s no real way to pull the new graphics and audio into the old game?

No.

You can use reshade however to improve graphics for classic.