CLASSIC HOMEWORLD: the Impression of a remake

I want to express my opinion, after of the long waiting and after of all hopes, associated with HOMEWORLD REMASTERED.
I don’t want to offend anyone or seem not correct, but any forum is intended that people could have expressed your opinion and please note, that these opinions can be of either polarity.

I’m not going to extol the beauty of the new image, because RTS game is not only a beauty of picture. RTS game is primarily a detailed gameplay!
It is not hard to understand, what people are playing and fell in love with classical Homeword in 1999, now adults.
I think that now, the old funs or any adult player will not be able to play in HWR, no more than a small amount of time.
When I play the remake, I constantly have the feeling, that this remaked gameplay, did teens specifically for schoolchildren. And I am sure, that before you Gearbox, yet no one so much is not mocked over classic Homeword. Before, none of the crazy mod has not gone so far.
And now, the game not recognizable:(
Gearbox, you disfigured and broke the game beyond recognition, probably space strategy this is not your genre, and you only need to learn it.
You gave away the game at the mercy of moders. I feel that you have hired the some mod makers to work on the remake. It was the wrong decision.
All I saw in the game it is just a mixture of FX-Mod and Complex-Mod.
Of course the mods have the right to exist, but the people and, above all, THE OLD FUNS, not expected mods from GBX.
PEOPLE WERE EXPECTING A REMAKE OF THE GAME, THAT THEY REMEMBER!

Why you are not attentive to original and epic game?
Why you are not attentive to the desires of the old fans?
Please give to people the answers to these questions!
As I said these people are adults and they want to see Homeworld as an intellectual strategy-game, but none of you thinks about this.

Now, the player cannot recognize the his favorite old game:

• ALL FORMATIONS DO NOT WORK IN THE BATTLE
  • ALL TACTICS WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY
  • STRIKE CRAFT HAS NO FUEL/REFUEL ABILITY
  • SUPPORT FRIGATE NOW A USELESS UNIT
  • IN THE GAME NO LONGER EXISTS NO CLASSIC STYLES OF ATTACKS
  • CLOAK FIGHTER DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY (not abble fast switching cloak/decloak during attack)
  • CLOAK GENERATOR IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY (now it can hide even the Mothership. This disease of Homeworld2. It should be treated, but not to adopt Into the classic game)
  • DRONE FRIGATE IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY (Drones moves like idiots and drone ability has limited time, nonsense!)
  • GRAVITY WELL GENERATOR IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY (no proper visual and main effects against fighters and corvettes)
  • DEFENSE FIGHTER IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY (not able atack the bullets and shells)
  • NO COLLISIONS WITH ENEMY SHIPS (Real shame!)
  • RESEARCH SHIP NOT WORK CORRECTLY (player cannot do research at the same time using each additional module)
  • KAMIKAZE DOES NOT WORK (But there is a menu!)
  • ALL SHIPS HAVE NO EXPLOSION DAMAGES (shame, because in classic hw, even every fighter had explosion damage!)
  • NO EVEN ONE OF ORIGINAL SOUND EFFECTS FROM THE CLASSIC GAME (instead of the original sounds player has feeble “pfff-pfff-pfff”)
  • NO ORIGINAL INERTIA /PHYSICS OF ANY SHIPS (ships lost inertia and moved/maneuver too quickly)

I don’t know what to think…
May be you are not able to reproduce everything that was in the original Homeworld?
I don’t know why you broke the old and epic game, but I understand that there may be only three reasons:

1. Probably GBX deliberately don’t want to keep the all details of the original classic game.
  2. Probably GBX want to keep the all details, but not able to do it.
  3. Probably GBX you simply not attentive to the details of classic game.

Unfortunately any of these three reasons, are not the result of good work.
I’m sorry…

4 Likes

“I don’t know why you broke the old and epic game”

I don’t know, either.

But it might be because they were trying to alter code in an attempt to make it better for everyone.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair for you to accuse GBX of not thinking about what they were doing.

I think they thought a lot about what they were doing, especially when bringing in some of the original HW team.

I think they did good work, but I agree it isn’t the original Homeworld. The original Homeworld is still there, though.

I’m sorry you don’t seem very happy about it, but I think you expected something that wasn’t fair to expect. This is HW in the HW2 engine, and a lot of things are difficult to do. I feel like you were at least partly involved in the modding scene, since you know about the FX mod and Complex; if it was easy, we would’ve done it ourselves already!

I hope you can still enjoy the game, though. It is different, but it is not all bad.

2 Likes

I don’t accuse anyone. I’m just stating the fact.
And this is my opinion, the opinion of a man who played Homeworld in 1999-2000.
Today I again tried to play the old classic game and I was happy again to feel enchanting atmosphere and detailed gameplay of this game. I’m sorry that all this is lost on the backdrop of fantastically beautiful planets and nebulae, which made Gearbox.
Please note, that I didn’t need the old version, which was provided by the Gearbox, because I have my own disk. I only was expecting a remake.

1 Like