Been thinking about this for a while.
In BL2 I have 6,000+ hours as Maya, and as we all know after the Oct. '15 patch Cloud Kill is overpowered and makes NVHM and TVHM pretty simple for Maya.
Cloudkill the SMG, not so much.
Issues with it;
- Cloudkill returns as a gun, not a skill. And Maya the NPC apparently does not have Cloudkill the skill.
- Cloud is weak. Much weaker than the BL2 skill corrosive cloud.
- Why doesn’t Maya use it herself? On Athenas, for example, she’s using a fire weapon, NOT Cloudkill. Why?
- As a new style Maliwan weapon we get capacitor charge delay, which keeps it in my backpack usually.
- It’s not really strong as an SMG anyway.
Still kinda disappointed in it, when I first got one I was excited to have a strong special purpose gun, but no, not so much.