CMT: does it even exist?

I have been searching for this almost since the game came out. I had a level 50 one gifted to me because I never could find one. I used that for a long time and then at 57 I had this one gifted to me because again…never found one myself. I always check vending machines and never find it. Now I’m 60…still have never seen one and with the nade changes…really need a new one!

Are people actually finding this nade? Is there any trick to finding it?

1 Like

When im lokking for purples like triple sheilds i farm vending machines. It works most of the time

1 Like

It does just rare, got two last night but still the grenade throw annoint. Boss arenas and slaughter shaft vending machines are good source. If you are playing on console and have two controllers and an extra account, i know on xbox you can just make a silver account, you can split screen farm the vendors, takes time and some luck but you will find one

You’ll get one. It just takes some time and luck. I’ve been close twice so far in the hunt for a level 60 Mayhem 10 one:

I found one just yesterday in a vending machine. Did a double take and decided to buy one because everyone writes about them. It’s not that spectacular on Fade Away Fl4k (MH8). Don’t remember if it had any anointments, though.

I suppose but considering I have never found one ever since the game released I’m not feeling too confident of that. lol. I was hoping someone knew of a secret vending machine that had them. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sadly like many, many other things in BL3 it’s all about the stick and soooooo, so little about the carrot. Finding things you actually want is beyond a chore. They really need a Minecraft like “creative mode” where you can just give yourself gear. Don’t let anyone play online in that mode and nullify all achs and trading etc etc. I’d spend 99% of my time in creative just like I do in Minecraft.
The point of video games is to have fun. I’d have more fun on BL3 if I could just theorycraft stuff and blow the heck out of everything with fun weapons. I truly don’t find save/quit farming with console load times on this game and infinite layers of RNG fun anymore :confused:

I never saw what is so special about the CMT. I mean its ok but its not worth farming especially when there is no dedicated source. I gave a few of mine away.

I havent found one yet at lvl 60 but if I do, you can have it if you are on pc.

1 Like

Only one thing special, 27 hits, if I’m correct, for price of one greande throw. Fro Moze based on Vampyr and PtHP it’s enormous for it’s effects. Yet there’s still some nades such as Mirvtacular Hex, Rain Firestorm and newish Lightspeed.

@Sidartha I’m in the same boat as you. Have been hunting for these since game launch and I’ve only seen one at level 53 in dlc1. No anoint. I’m still using it only because there’s nothing better for a Vampyr Moze.

1 Like

I don’t even bother looking for it especially now where they seem to have loosened the restrictions in Spring Epicenter, Rain Firestorm, the higher tier Hex prefixes, etc etc. Got a 60 25% throw SE and Rain Fire within an hour of each other two nights ago…grenade problems solved.

Edit----since the Gauge dlc the rarest grenades are far more common (at least for me). Have gotten a SE, RF, and a couple Recurring H’s 25% throw at 50, 57, and 60 without looking for them. Even a couple of those Gravity Salvo Firestorms which I didn’t even know existed.

1 Like

I farm the vendors vigorously and have found some great stuff but not much luck with the cmt,I have found a few since lvl50 some anointed and most with none,my best find was lvl57 with ase radiation,but with each lvl cap i was gifted one with the ogt anoint,if you’re on ps4 add me and i’ll send one at lvl60

1 Like

Some purples are damn nigh impossible to find. I’ve been looking for a protuberance with 100% cryo damage anoint and the magazine that boost its damage by 750% since the game out. I spent like 30k eridium on eridian fabricator when the anoint rates were buffed and I farmed crazy earl’s machine for several days straight and I haven’t found a single one. Someone traded me one in exchange for something else.

I’ve been creating a few threads telling them to implement some way to target farm specific purples since it’s so god damn hard to find just the thing you want, but they seemingly forgot about purples altogether now that they solely focus on legendaries. I know that my protuberance used to be a beast pre mayhem 2.0, now even after the nerf it’s just meh. A purple with perfect parts, dedicated gear for it and right anointment IS JUST MEH.

2 Likes

Exactly. I mostly just use this nade on Moze for the excellent interaction with Vampyr and MoD. I don’t think there is another grenade that works as well with them.

As everyone has said, the only reason to use this grenade is to use it on Moze, since it’s the ultimate grenade to keep you alive.

In all my hundreds of hours playing this game, I have found a total of ONE cloning maddening tracker haha. It’s level 50, unanointed, but it still absolutely does it job for Moze - it’s job just being to hit over and over and over.

Some purples are just really, really difficult to find. Personally, I kind of like it. I still check every single vending machine I walk by, and surely will find another at some point. Maybe it’s the Diablo II player in me, but there is something cool about certain pieces of gear that are TRULY rare. I feel like as much as people may bitch about drop rates in this game, they’re pretty damn generous. If you were playing games back in 1995-2005, drop rates for gear were abysmal. Hundreds if not thousands of runs to get certain pieces of rare gear.

1 Like

u dont need to get the exact one if youre on moze

1 Like

@Sidartha @renfried

I have a thousand hours into this game and I have never found one.

Never found the one shotter either.

1 Like

Lol, the one shotter is another one I’ve kept an eye out for since October. Never seen one of those either. I’ve spent many hours just farming vendors as well. Both of those should be Pearlescent rarity or something.

2 Likes

It’s a bitch to farm for especially if you want it with a specific anointment and you won’t really notice if one drops on the corner of the battlefield either.

Here’s one for a laugh at my expense… The day of the lvl cap increase to 60 I decided to level up my Moze battling Agonizer. Not one BUT two appeared in the vending machine. At lvl 57…doh. Did get an anointed one tho so happy with that. First ones I ever found.

2 Likes