Cobra drop rate

That page is still full of VERY wrong information and outdated I see. It doesn’t even mention that the Cobra got a drop rate buff some months ago! There is no better time than now to go for it!

4 Likes

You will succeed. Tenacity is the best attribute for a long farm like this. Good luck. :acmaffirmative:

I went at it when they announced the increased drop rate. Took about 4 hours iirc, but I am now the proud owner of a SR I’ll never use. :wink:

I’m a collector. I have to have it. LOL

4 Likes

At least it no longer claims to have non elemental splash :smiley:

2 Likes

Through pure RNG I actually have 2 of them- and like you, they collect dust on mules but hey, “Gotta catch’em all!” doesn’t just apply to Pokemon… :grin:

3 Likes

I had to cheat but I managed to get two over the last two days and approx. 12 hours. I used the four player slider tool from Willow Shrubbery - http://myborderlands.com/FourPlayers.aspx It is however a battle at OP8 but worth the fight. A Hyiu dropped yesterday and the Tumtum dropped today. I tried for 2 years solo and it would never drop but the game thinking there were 4 players did the trick - but I died a few times. lol

2 Likes

Wow, a Tumtum no less. Nice drop. :acmaffirmative:

1 Like

Explosive relic helps - done all I can with the skill tree - after some more farming, I’m going to reset in OP8 solo - have been training in four player mode.

1 Like

Randomly I got a Hyiu Cobra. Lucky.

3 Likes

I had one drop the week after they tweaked the drop rates, which surprised me. Though it is better than it was before it is still difficult to farm, but not on the same tier as the Twister.

For those that are interested in getting this keep in mind that the rifle is completely unaffected by grenade damage boost but is affected by explosive which can push it up past the Buffalo in damage and a bit lower than the Elephant Gun. The Skookum prefix also edges out the Tumtum in critical hit damage, albeit slightly and depending on who is using it.

1 Like

You can also get one in the areana it’s self. That’s where mine dropped.

1 Like