Code redemption failed

Hey so I’ve tried using a shift code and i get the message the code you have entered is for another shift enabled game. I’ve made sure that I’ve entered each code correctly and it’s been happening with other codes. I’ve tried restarting my Xbox and pretty much everything Can anyone help me try to figure this out?

1 Like

I think this error message may be key. The Handsome Collection is sold as a single purchase, but it’s really two separate games. If you’re trying to enter SHiFT codes for Borderlands 2 stuff in Pre-Sequel (and vice versa) it simply won’t work. All the skins, heads, hear, keys, etc. are released either for BL2 or for TPS, but never both games using the same code.

If I may ask, where are you getting the SHiFT codes from?

1 Like

The weird thing is that they worked before on my other Xbox live account. And now all of a sudddn I keep getting this message. I get them from www.orcz.com they keep update with all shift codes released

1 Like

Was that account tied to the same SHiFT account, or a different SHiFT account? Because you can only redeem the keys once per SHiFT account.

1 Like

It was a different shift account.

1 Like

Well, as long as you’re positive that you haven’t been trying to enter TPS codes in BL2 and vice versa (or using PC or PS4 codes on XB1), all I can suggest is putting in a support ticket:

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200330430-Borderlands-The-Handsome-Collection

1 Like

How did you accept the ToS?

1 Like

Details here:

1 Like

Thanks @VaultHunter101 - however there’s nothing showing up for either my wife or I. We’re both playing BL2 on backwards compatibility on the XB1. We’re still unable to enter new codes.

1 Like

I knew I should have fired up the 360 and checked original BL2/TPS there…

Since I won’t be able to do that for several hours, I would suggest filing s support ticket here:

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200330390

I had a quick look at the original BL2 instructions, and it looks like the ToS is only available when you create the account the first time you choose “Shift Code” option. I also checked the shift website itself (shift.gearboxsoftware.com) but that doesn’t include a ToS link either.

Please post back if you get a resolution for this, as it seems to be the same problem on PC (so assuming also on PS3) as well.

1 Like

Ticket created: #128992

Will see what they say when they get back to me.

1 Like

@VaultHunter101 I received a response today.

I’m not sure how accurate it is though.

Thanks for contacting 2K Support!
I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble entering your SHiFT code, let’s see how we can help!
For starters, be sure you’re using a recent code from Twitter as the code you’re utilizing could be a non valid one if it came from am different source. Next be sure to enter it in game as using the website does not work as these codes always need to be entered in game.
If you have any other questions, let us know!
Regards,
Nate S.
2K Support

1 Like

The codes on the orcz site are basically a wiki, so it is technically possible that someone might have screwed up either in entering or editing a code. If you can find a link back to the original post/source, double check it.

The in-game thing is correct though. That’s because certain SHiFT rewards are variously once per SHiFT account, once per platform, or once per character. Ones that give gear also take on whatever level the character is when you redeem them.

I’d suggest double-checking that the codes are indeed correct for XB1, maybe take a screen shot of the entry and the resulting error code, and update the ticket. Tip: Reply to the last email with your additional info top-quoted in the reply - this saves accidentally creating new tickets and causing confusion in the ticket system.

1 Like

Happy birthday!

I’ve only entered a handful of codes ingame before - it takes too long to type and it’s annoying. I’ve always entered my BL2 golden key/skin codes on the website. From September 2012 up until May 2018 it was working.

I’ll still give it a shot when I get home, but if that’s the case (I need to enter them ingame) then I just won’t be doing it.

1 Like

One thing I appreciated about the 360 was the ability to plug in an external USB keyboard. Haven’t tried doing that on XB1 - do you know if it’s still possible?

1 Like

You’re able to plug a USB keyboard into the XB1.

You can also use your PC to enter text if it’s on the same network - you open the Xbox App on your PC, and navigate to a text entry box on the console and there will be a pop-up in the App that lets you type. It doesn’t work with backwards compatible games though. :frowning:

This was my response to the ticket:

Hi Nate – thanks for the response.
The codes are from the official Twitter/Facebook site.
Are you sure about the redeeming in-game? I’ve been able to redeem via the website since September 2012 up until the beginning of May this year.

This was the response I received:

It seems that redeeming codes on the SHiFT website does not work, give it a try in game and it should work! Let me know how it goes fellow vault hunter!

1 Like

Hang in there… They’ve had major issues with the changes to the BB servers (associated with a recent Shift maintenance as well) so they may be just a little busy and distracted.

2 Likes

Low and behold when my wife and I turned the game on yesterday we were both hit with a ToS Screen. Once accepted the codes could be entered online.

2 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like