Collectors Edition: Getting Pre-order Steam Codes?

(Atwooddm) #1

Will those of us with a Pre-order on Amazon for the collectors edition also get a Steam Code? I dont want to buy the game twice, but I certainly want to get the game on Steam and get access to the MP Beta.

Help me out Gearbox.

TYVM

(Drakolombardi) #2

Customers will receive a Homeworld Remastered Collection digital download voucher

Taken from the amazon website.
I took this to mean we were gonna get a steam code, but I could be wrong. I could of sworn I saw something on gearbox forum indicating we were getting steam codes. I also thought I read somewhere there was no physical media. Anyone wanna chime in?

(Skie) #3

When Randy opened up the box on stage he said there was a card in there with the required Steam key. So I’m betting you won’t be getting a key emailed, you’ll just have to wait for the box to arrive.

(Lthibodeaux) #4

This is related to a long-held question of mine, primarily as to whether I will have said box on my doorstep on Feb 25 or if I’m going to have to wait to get my hands on my voucher to start the download.

(Jeffybug) #5

The Collector’s Edition includes a voucher that contains a one-time-use code that can be redeemed to download the Homeworld Remastered Collection on Steam.

You’ll want to check with Amazon to confirm your delivery date, which likely depends on the delivery method you selected at checkout.

(Siber) #6

The shipping estimates I’ve seen seem to have the box leaving Amazon on the 25th. This is a bit dissapointing, as it means those of us who are getting the collector’s edition would have to either shell out more money or actually be late to the party, in some cases by a considerable chunk of time. I hope I’m wrong about this. :frowning:

(Gr33nf00t) #7

For what it’s worth, I have pre-ordered some stuff on Amazon before, and it was delivered to me on the listed release date. I do have Prime though, so I’m not sure if that played into it or not. I paid the extra $3 for next-day just to be on the safe side, but I think it depends on when Amazon gets the CE boxes from GB/whoever is making them.

(Concordion2k) #8

As an update to GBX, it appears my US collectors edition preorder has still not shipped. No delivery estimate either.

Anyone else still seeing this?

I bought the hoodie this week and that’s already on its way lol

(Mandabar) #9

Hoodie? More info please :stuck_out_tongue:

(Kirazy) #10

There are two Homeworld hoodies on amazon. One black, one blue. The blue one only has small size left. :C

(Concordion2k) #11

(Skie) #12

Does not ship internationally :<

(Mandabar) #13

Thank you very much! I’ll take a look, and hope they get more stock in.

Odd that they don’t ship internationally, UK ships here at least. (FOR THE COLLECTORS EDITION! WHOOOOOO)

(Concordion2k) #14

My Collector’s Edition preorder on Amazon seems to have automatically changed my shipping method to “1-day” shipping (I had initially selected Standard/Free).

Anyone else see this?

(Multi-Capsed Relic) #15

no mine has not updated but i have never contacted amazon in regards to my shipping date.

(Sean) #16

Currently the Amazon US store has not updated my orders for my Collector’s Editions yet with even an estimated ship date. Both my orders of Collector’s Editions do indeed list One-Day Shipping like what you said @concordion2k

(Jeffybug) #17

We’re working with Amazon to get these out to folks as soon as possible. Keep an eye out on your orders over the next week or so.

(Kirazy) #18

That’s great to hear! :smiley:

(Krjal) #19

I’ve got a code from the Community day pack and I’ve been wondering if it’s any different to the one arriving in the Collector’s Ed box.

If I use it instead am I missing out on anything?

(Jeffybug) #20

@Krjal – both the CE codes and the Community Day codes grant you a key to unlock the Homeworld Remastered Collector’s Edition on Steam.