Community challenge?

(TachoTuesday) #1

Why is this not a sticky on the top of the battleborn board?

4/13/16 by 2K STAFF
Hey Badasses!

Get online and go for the gold during the Open Beta! Gold skins, that is. We have three goals and if we hit them together, everyone wins!

That’s right. Every single player, on all platforms, all around the world, working together for a common goal – besides saving the last star in the universe. All you need to do: Play the Battleborn Open Beta!

Collectively complete these three challenges and we’ll reveal a SHiFT code on May 3, 2016 that can be redeemed for FREE skins. Everyone who purchases a retail copy of Battleborn will be able to redeem the SHiFT code. So not only can you get five golden skins by pre-ordering Battleborn now, these challenges give you the chance to get three additional golden skins. That’s EIGHT exclusive skins you could have on launch day!

CHALLENGES:

Complete 1,000,000 Competitive Multiplayer matches – Golden Benedict skin
Complete 1,000,000 Story Mode episodes – Golden ISIC skin
Collect 15,000,000,000 Shards in any mode – Golden Shayne & Aurox skin
WHEN: April 13 at 10am PT (5pm UTC) until April 18 at 7am PST (2pm UTC)

REWARD: On May 3, 2016, the Benedict, ISIC, and Shayne & Aurox golden skins will be distributed via a single SHiFT code on the Battleborn Twitter and Facebook channels. One golden hero skin will be awarded for each challenge successfully completed.

Redeem the SHiFT code by booting up the retail version of Battleborn, going to the “Extras” section, selecting “SHiFT,” signing up or logging in to your SHiFT account, then entering the SHiFT code.

THE DETAILS:

1,000,000 COMPETITIVE MATCHES

Completing 1,000,000 5v5 Competitive Multiplayer matches is no easy task. Queue up solo or party up with friends and blast the enemy team away in Incursion or Meltdown matches. Every completed public match, regardless of map or characters, will count towards the 1,000,000 goal. Then on launch day, you’ll be able to flaunt your PVP expertise the best way possible, with a golden Benedict skin (arrogance not included).

1,000,000 STORY MODE EPISODES

Need some practice before jumping into PVP? Then tackle Battleborn’s playable Story Mode episodes! Team up for up to 5-player co-op, split-screen couch co-op, or go solo in “The Algorithm,” and “The Void’s Edge” Story episodes. If we hit 1,000,000, we’re all getting a brand new, shiny, totally not insane golden ISIC skin. For a bigger challenge, up the difficultly to Advanced or turn on Hardcore Mode for a rip-roaring, guns-blazing, “OMG, someone save me!” kind of time.

15,000,000,000 SHARDS CHALLENGE

Want to single-handedly save the interstellar economy? Start grabbing shards! If we collect 15,000,000,000 (yes, BILLION….with a “B!”) Shards across any mode, with any hero, at any difficulty, you’ll prove you’re worthy of the golden skin for the shardjumping scavenger and her omnidimensional horror, Shayne & Aurox. Every Shard you pick up, whether playing Story episodes or Competitive Multiplayer matches, counts towards the 15 Billion Shards goal.

Experience, character unlocks, and other items earned in-game during Open Beta will not carry over to the retail version. However, the Open Beta Challenge golden skins reward will be able to be redeemed in the retail version of Battleborn.

Shards come in several sizes – Run over smaller ones to pick them up, while larger ones or Shards in containers must be attacked and shattered into pieces before picking up.

So what do I do with all these Shards?

Well… spend them! Shards are a form of in-game currency that can be used to build and upgrade buildables as well as activate Gear. Shards are only available for the duration of an individual Story episode or Competitive Multiplayer match and do not carry over to other matches.

Buildables are tactical structures located in various areas around Story Mode and Competitive Multiplayer maps. Use Shards to purchase buildables or upgrade existing ones to make them more efficient and more resistant to enemy attacks.

Automatic Turrets - Turrets have different types of offensive armaments and will attack any foe in sight, enemy minions and Battleborn alike.
Healing Station - The Healing station will regenerate health over time in an area around the station for the team who purchases it.
Accelerators - Accelerators give a speed boost to friendly Battleborn and minions when passing next to them.
Super Minions - Super Minions can be purchased in the team’s base and are well worth the Shards. Their ability to sustain and deal more damage than other minions adds additional firepower to your team.
To activate Gear during a match or episode, collect the necessary amount of Shards then open the Gear menu to select the piece you want to activate. Gear has no effect until you activate it during the match.

How do I get Gear?

Gear packs are dropped by bosses and can be found by opening chests in Story Mode. They can also be purchased in the in-game Marketplace using earned Credits. When one team member picks up a Gear pack, everyone on the team gets the pack. At the start screen, select “Command” and then select the “Gear” tab to open Gear packs and explore your Gear.

Once you’ve opened some Gear packs, you’ll be able to create Loadouts that will be used during episodes and matches. Drag and drop Gear into the Loadout to set up collections, and be sure to save your Loadouts. After selecting a character to play in either Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer Mode, you will have the option to select one Loadout from the Loadouts you created previously. Your Loadout is now equipped for that match or episode.

You’ve got your orders for the Open Beta.

Play 1,000,000 Competitive matches!
Play 1,000,000 Story Mode episodes!
Collect 15,000,000,000(!) shards!
Well, what are you waiting for? Get out there and PLAY!

Download the Battleborn Open Beta

PS4: PlayStation Network
PC: Steam
Xbox One: Microsoft Store

(Legendary Punzerker) #2

I like where your head’s at! We’ll sticky this first thing tomorrow!

(Fearless Oni) #3

Doing my part! I won’t really love a Shayne and Aurox golden skin. Almost have her mastery done, just hard to find people who will play as Reyna since Reyna kinda sucks, only really good for giving overshields

(Z_Ryol [PS4]) #4

Reyna is amazing, what…

(badguy5 on YouTube) #5

Is there a progress tracker for this?

(Fearless Oni) #6

She can be in the right hands but nobody plays her :confused:

(Z_Ryol [PS4]) #7

I play her, on ps4.

(Fearless Oni) #8

Ah, well thankfully my brother finally unlocked her and now I have all challenges for Shayne and Aurox done. Now just 3 more character ranks and complete mastery done.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #9

There were trackers for the borderlands 2 community challenges.

(TachoTuesday) #10

I don’t think we actually need to play as these characters, just play games in general.

(since CTT) #11

(… sorry, couldn’t stop myself … :dukestar:)

Soooo… Is this a yes there are progress trackers? And if so can we get a link to them so we can keep up with the communities progress?

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #14

I’m merely giving relevant info about past games. I would assume there’s a good chance of it happening again. I don’t have any specific info. I’m just a moderator.

Fair enough, I’m new to the forums so I wasn’t sure how much you could provide.

(rikuzero1) #16

At least I contributed 98/116 story completions (1/10,000 done!) and picked up 824k shards. I’m just 58 so I’m sure those 100s helped out a ton. Not sure if completions and shards done between April 8 and 13 counted though.

(Sebastian) #17

Cant wait to see the results :slight_smile:

(badguy5 on YouTube) #18

I feel like Regardless of the numbers, that the team will say that we met the goals. It was just a publicity stunt, after all.

(Sebastian) #19

I got that feeling aswell ;). They already showed us the skins, so would be a letdown to say we didnt make it :slight_smile:

(badguy5 on YouTube) #20

nah, the skins were fake, I bet.

Probably made in Jennerit Proto-Shop 11.

(Sebastian) #21

Noooo! Tell me it aint so!