Community feedback polls

SHOULD “BONUS BOSS LOOT” BE A PERMANENT CHANGE TO THE GAME?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

SHOULD YOU BE ABLE TO CHOOSE YOUR M2.0 MODIFIERS AND/OR DISABLE THEM ENTIRELY?

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

SHOULD ANOINTMENTS BE RE-ROLLABLE?

• Yep
  • Nah

0 voters

SHOULD VISUAL EFFECTS CLUTTER/POLLUTION BE TONED DOWN?

• Oui Oui
  • NEIN!

0 voters

SHOULD PIPPIE AND OTHER NOISY/NOSY NPCs ON SANCTUARY HAVE THEIR VOICE-BOXES REMOVED?

• Mhm
  • Nuh Uh

0 voters

SHOULD OLD LEGENDARY + UNIQUE WEAPONS BE BUFFED TO BE VIABLE WITHIN THE NEW MAYHEM MODES?

• PLEASE AND THANK YOU
  • NO, THANKS

0 voters

Nerfs?

• Yay
  • Nay

0 voters

13 Likes

this is it, the perfect poll.

3 Likes

Whoever chose not to buff old legendaries and unique weapons to be viable care to explain why? I can’t for the life of me see a downside to this, other than GBX losing money on DLC sales because of the powercreep …unless…Randy is that you you sneaky bugger?

4 Likes

What’s really nice is that we got a 100% on opinion of modifiers.

Still 100% on modifiers. I know there are many things that this game should address, but just get rid of these things once and for all because they just ruin the experience completely. I just want to play high levels without stupid immersion killing gimmicks :angry:

5 Likes

Yes, but as part of an increase in dedicated drops and a decrease in world legendary drops

No. They should be removed altogether or at least those that have a direct incidence on damage. That way you don’t need legendary diarrhea all over the map just to see if you nailed the wanted anointment.

Oh yes. It’s part of a combo along with the previous. Once you remove anointments, the game and builds return to being about guns and skilltrees. Next step is to tune up every weapon damage to this new scheme, fix dedicated drops and rates, tone down world drops… And the game is fixed

These are very linked. Modifiers don’t add difficulty, they add annoyance. And also visual clutter.

Thanks for this post

6 Likes

I didn’t participate the bonus boss loot week this time. Was it an increase to all legendary weapons or just their dedicated drops? If the later then it should definitely stay, that or they need to get rid of the “every boss has multiple designated drops” and/or boost it to something between 10-50%. Because it just silly that you can farm a single boss for hours not getting the gun/version you want and then get it somewhere randomly 10min later.

I don’t necessarily need the NPC to be muted, a volume decrease would do it for me but Pippie needs to stop following you around AND should be unable to enter your room and the NPCs atleast need to stop gathering around you while at the slots etc.

On the other hand I would welcome it if the one knocking on the quick change station would disappear completely.

Also, I can’t believe that so many choose they want Nerfs :laughing:

Yeah. Something as intrusive to regular game play as M2.0 Modifiers should be a choice and not something forced upon you.
I’m sure there are much easier ways to increase difficulty than introducing intrusive mechanics into the game.

In the end it all ends up as a huge cacophony of elemental effects everywhere.

3 Likes

Dedicated drops were 100% drop rate for this event. It was still frustrating with diluted pools and RnG vomit, but at least it was somewhat possible to get the rolls you wanted.

2 Likes

I’m just going to piggyback a poll I made regarding anointments for more visibility, I can remove if OP wants

1 Like

The force is strong with this one.

Can’t believe there are people who aren’t bothered by the yelling people in Sanctuary. I guess they haven’t been deciding which Skeksil, out of 5, they should keep, comparing them carefully since some HAVE TO go…and while you’re making such a hard decision you hear random NPCs talking schist while you’re trying to concentrate.

Then there’s the ones that literally block your path when you’re trying to leave your room, in a hurry, to go sell something and make room for inventory management.

Or the one who bangs on the Quick Change when you’re fidgeting with skin colors to get that perfect look.

It’s irritating when you’re actually doing something that requires concentration and you have to deal with such pointless irritants. Just let me decide which of the 400 items in my bank can be deleted and replaced with some of the 50+ items in my backpack. That’s stressful enough without hearing some NPC yelling as loud as he can, asking you for change, or telling me that some literal-who character would make a good Vault Hunter.

3 Likes

For me, this is the actual annoyance. I can deal with the people ramblings. Some are funny…
“Ointment! I need ointment!”
Sounds like they’re making fun of the anointments-loving masses.

Most important issue is missing

Should GBX remove or adjust nearly every anoitment in the game?
Yes?
Or
Yes?

1 Like

Bingo. Couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Yes!

If anointments would be rerollable then 100 % drop rates aren’t needed IMO but I wouldn’t mind it either. Savequitcontinue can be fun to do for a while but not excessively for hours on end for a single item. At the end of the day I’d like to see anointments nerfed or even removed, especially the damage ones while re-balancing enemies for that change. I don’t think it’ll happen though.

Modifiers are just a pain in the arse for me. The enemies are mostly unthreatening and weak even on M10. Making me backtrack my steps to deal with a Freeze Tag or making me shoot a drone before taking care of the enemy doesn’t make them harder in a meaningful way. Just slower in an annoying, tacked on way. Get rid of them, give me actually challenging enemy spawns instead. This also gets rid of most of the visual crap by itself.

I’m all for bringing underperforming weapons up a bit. Unpopular opinion but I do support nerfing equipment that vastly overshadows other equipment. That said I would much rather get stuff properly balanced to begin with but if something is waaay above other stuff then I do support bringing it down a notch.
I’d also like to see lifesteal brought down as it’s completely out of control with the weapon scaling compared to VH health at this point.

I don’t mind Pippie existing, I just want it to hang somewhere else. I don’t understand why it comes to Sanctuary with us after the quest but if it has to be there, make it run circles in the room where you shoot Kevins in to the space or something. Silencing it would be a good alternative though. I don’t mind the other NPCs except when they decide they want to waddle around blocking the narrow stairs but I’ve always managed to get by them.

2 Likes

One of the perks of being a Fl4k main your pets will desensitize you to stuff like this. I never notice these things.

1 Like

Rerollable anointments is a really ■■■■■■■ stupid idea. Literally everyone would reroll to consec hit, 200% splash, 300/90, or uRad. Maybe SNTNL cryo? Maybe. What about all the other garbage anoints in the game still?

This is why we should just remove anointments entirely. It was a cool concept but the whole entire game loop of spamming action skills just to access your batshit powerful anoints (which are more powerful than skill trees/the actual gun you are using) has failed entirely. Give the powers back to skill trees and build compositions, not some random press F and gain 900% extra damage BS.

This would obviously also require nerfing mayhem enemy hp scaling. Modifiers should also be completely removed, another failed concept. I think everyone can get behind that.

Nerfing should also be kept minimal, only being used in the most extreme of situations (pipebomb, infinite shields moze, some of the mayhem 6/dlc 3 weapons). They also need to stop overbuffing certain weapons. Like wtf, why does the krakatoa and lob need to do THAT much damage? You don’t even need to try with those guns. Raids and trials actually need incentives to play through. Improving loot pools is obv the most important improvement, maybe add top tier guns like monarch, plaguebearer, flipper to takedown lootpools? Just a thought…

1 Like

Putting remove entirely with choose individually is a bad poll.

Nerfs “yay or nay” is also a bad poll with zero nuance.

“Old weapons viable” is also a nonsense question with some strange definition for the word viable

1 Like