Competitive playlist!(:

Hello Devs and fellow battleborn enthusiasts, I’m a very competitive player along with many other players here. I just wanted to bring up the topic of including a competitive PLAYLIST that is 24/7 please? In other words, Versus Draft though this playlist will automatically have ALL legendaries banned. Perhaps other gearsets as well though that’s up for debate. This way, we can have a method to prepare for future tournaments and it will build the battleborn competitive community. Trust me(: if this has been brought up in the past, my apologies.

2 Likes

honestly I like the use of legendaries, they add a lot to the game. not to say that certain ones are definitely stronger than they need to be (while others are a lot weaker than they need to be)

I replied moreso just to say how much i love your profile pic :acmaffirmative:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I like them as well though when it comes to tournaments legendaries aren’t allowed. This competitive playlist would serve as the “ranked” playlist. Would also be good practice to get used to the tournament rules. Thoughts?

I think that you’re barking up an old tree with this as a pessimist, but that either doing that or doing “seasonal gear” would be the way to go(say adding one or 2 seasonal only loadouts that can only accommodate those specific items

1 Like

Well no… I really don’t understand as to why a portion of the community doesn’t want this. Seriously, why not? Tournaments consist of banned legendaries along with other certain gearsets so why not practice with those rules? Making it an option 24/7 would encourage competitive play and perhaps a lot more new teams/players will be on the rise. Other games that are played competitively do have a similar playlist that I speak of…

I’d welcome such a playlist, and wouldn’t even be mad if they bann all gear from it, but I know it’s an unpopular oppinion…

I liked the concept of the Choctaw Tournament were certain gear pieces were allowed, no legendarys and even a chunk of the epic ones.

let’s be honest, you don’t need much skill to multikill with bolas and voxis core… most of the competitive teams I encounter got at least two bolas in their loadout…

1 Like

What you’re describing is pretty much a ranked playlist and I know many many players want exactly that. I hope they are indeed working on this and I agree that it would do a lot to grow the competitive community.

1 Like

I would love a ranked mode. However, I’m not a fan of the normal versus draft mode. I love captains draft, but I don’t see that working in a public setting. Normal draft, as it is now, pigeon holes players into playing a role they might not be comfortable with.

1 Like

I agree that Versus draft while fun actually puts a weird snag in the competitive aspect of draft as you have to have the right people in the right draft order to get your team’s best team comp. If Gearbox does add a ranked mode I think they’d have to find a way to make Captain’s Draft work.

They may have to change the way the selection works to incorporate Captain’s Draft publicly, like use a vote system so for example if you are in a 3 man party one of the two solo players on your team wouldn’t snag being the captain. I know someone will suggest only allowing 5 man teams in ranked mode but I know we don’t have the playerbase to support how long that would make queue times.

I agree, it should be for the public because that is the best way “pubstars” may get into the competitive scene. We all know there is a difference among the pubstars and actual competitive players. I think the bans should work as a vote system like they currently have in draft mode (3 votes take the ban rather than having captain’s draft).

1 Like

That could work as well.

1 Like

This is my dream, a solid solo / duo queue and a queue for premades with a visible elo / MMR that is independent to this queue.
I also believe the player base must increase to accommodate this, on the flip side it would stop some pub stomps to a degree as if the pros are playing ranked the newbies will have a more fun experience online.

2 Likes

Yes yes you understand ! If you have friends that agree tell them to come here ! Tell all of your fellow battleborn !!(: