Complete Fanfiction Collection

(Kurtis Millette) #1

Here is a complete collection of all Homeworld fanfiction to date. This list will be gradually updated as either I find more or new ones are made. Also, currently most of them are on the Relicnews forums and I am simply linking to there. Should some be moved over to these forums I will link to that one instead. I have organized them based on activity.

Discussion Threads

Chrome
DarthSoban
Sparki

Ongoing

DarthSoban
Exile’s Return I

Deepstrike101
The Winter Legacy

Deltatau707
Homeworld: Fallback Crisis

Sparki
Life On Curse
Tales of the Vjel Amaj: Part III
HWC: The Purifying Flame

FanFiction.net

C208 Driver
In The Shadow Of The Empire
The Odd One Out

Cmopatrick
Going Hiigara

IonFury
Stormbreakers

Completed

Atmawpn
Ascendants’ Fall
HW2: Wrath of the Gods {FanFiction.net}

Chrome
HW: Legacies Part I
HW: Legacies Part II
HW: Legacies Part III

Crobato
HW: Soul of the Progenitors

Deathzealot
HWC Remastered {FanFiction.net}

DarthSoban
Exile’s Return: Book 1 {FanFiction.net}
Exile’s Return: Book 2 {FanFiction.net}
Exile’s Return: Book 3 {FanFiction.net}

Strawberry
Homecoming {FanFiction.net}

Norsehound
Children of Kadesh
Outcry
The Taiidan Civil War
The Taiidan Republic
The Fire
Tradition
Short Stories Collection

Shraa Elohim
Before the Exile
Exile and Return

Siber
Short Stories Collection

Sparki
Tales of the Vjel-Amaj: Part I Aira’s Quest {FanFiction.net}
Tales of the Vjel Amaj: Part II The Rogue’s Pride {FanFiction.net}

Taneru
HW: Genocide

Yalin Hawk
The Homeworld Chronicles: Spreading Your Wings
The Homeworld Chronicles: Story of the Stellar Ranger (rewrite)

FanFiction.net

AbyssalCaesar
A Madman’s Reminiscence

Alimination602
Homeworld

Ambrose51
Broken Oath

Atmawpn
Epilogue
HW2: Interstellar Odyssey
Redemption

Avalonian
Ripples of Memory

Bullseye Benny
Every New Beginning
Fleet Command On-Line

IonFury
Cavalier: The Last Patrol

Monoceros
Battle of Hiigara

Norsehound
War of the Rock

PadawanMage
Heroes Welcome
The Shatterer of Worlds

Stingra
The Burning of Kharak

Super Nova1
A Sign of Hope

The Sh33p
Reflections in the Garden

Unknown4
The Burning of Hiigara

Wolfsdragoon
Hiigara War
The Adventures of Iifrit Tambuur and HCS Tambuur’Sa
The Belt

Kiith Iopia

|6|
Inflicted Vengeance
Inherited Vengeance

Ale_e_inn
Escape from Hiigara

Apocalypse77
HW Story

Athenor
Into the Darkness

BeatBoy
Close to the End

Blackjack
Desert Gods

Blink
Experiences
History of Tsalos
HW Story

Collector/Controller
Gaalsi Convoy

Crobato
The White Beast
Kadeshi Crusade

Dread Lord
The Long Voyage

Dvalin Andaral
Inevitability

FoX
A New Beginning
Oppression

Hardcore
The Homeworld Chronicles

Mad Sherpa
HW Story

Miiabe Inceru
Homecoming

Mr. Man
Missed the Battle

Mr. Spaceheater
The Other Side

Preator
Love, Honor, and Obey

RBA_Armageddon
Angel Squadron
Choosing Sides
The Kushan Odyssey

SajuukCor
The Final Battle

Thrakerzog
Shrapnel

Xellos
Fleet Intelligence Personal Logs

Xpert Fragr
The Great Battle

The Graveyard

A7K
HW2: Engagement

Ammon Ra
HW: 15th Fleet

Atmawpn
Divinity Book One: Wrath of the Gods {FanFiction.net}
Interstellar Odyssey
HWC: Truth Seeker {FanFiction.net}

Autohummer500
Star Trek: Times of Prophesy

Chrome
HW: Legacies Part IV

Derelict
HW: Affair with the Empire

DarthSoban
ER: The Requiem War {FanFiction.net}
Warcry {FanFiction.net}

Doci7
Homeworld Galactic Council Chronicles: Czalkir

EarthBorn
HW: The Rediscovered Past

Fudge_dragon
War for the Cores

GawD
HW: Empire War

GunneySarge
Dark Age

Hiigaran_Vaygr
The Manaan Rebellion

Ironwatsas
HW: The Hunters
HW: The Silent War

J.A. Raptor
HW: Necrosis (rewrite)

Jake
Somtaaw Dawn

Keeper
The Survivors of Kharak

Komo’val
HW2 PDS Breakthrough

Strawberry
HW1: The Mothership Sails to Hiigara (rewrite) {FanFiction.net}
Souls’ Extradition

Mantaray
HW: Duty and Morals
HW2: Space to Breathe

Mother Superior
Sacrifices
The Bug

Norsehound
Children of Kadesh Book II
Chronicles of the Nadiim-Basad
Taiidan Civil War Book II
The Dreams

Oh, John, No!
Homeworld Novelization

Pegman
HW: Supernova

Pyromaniac
HW: Discoveries

Raikouga
HW: Advent {FanFiction.net}

Rusty
HW2: Forgotten
HW2: Innocence

S110
Imperial Redemption

Shraa Elohim
HW: The Find
Seized by the Darkness

Silver_Wolf#
Archangels
The Caalrk
The Sundering

Sky_walker
The Authadeia

Soban100
HW: Convict

Sobani Exile
HW: The Trinity Cores

Starlight
The Carrier

Stonewall
Refuge

Taneru
Ghosts of the Unbound

Tekanako
A Histroy Naritive in an Alernate Homeworld Universe
Homeworld 3 Universe

TF-72
Chronicles of an Empire Ascendant

Tycell145
Super Fortress

Typhoonoftemepst
HW: Origins

FanFiction.net

AtomicWar
HW: Cataclysm Part II

Clone1delta
Orion’s Edge Long Nights for Hiigara

Damian-Alpha
Morbitian Legends

Dasvidoniya
I Spy
When You Blink

DocKahn
Sojourn of the Angel Moon

Elorran
Homeworld: Kiith & Kin Saga - The Eternal Void

Endar
Seera Tel

ET-1087
HW: The Exodus

Flibbertygibbet
HW2: Revelation

Homeworld Mike
S’jet

James Jago
Time of Change

Keiil-Somtaaw
Acolyte’s Warrior

Kirkkid
The Homeworld Chronicles

Konekoeureka
Vengeance

NuclearOne
Cataclysm

Omi-kun1
HW: Operation Enfilade

Scottish Ninja
Red Light

ShadowWolf Forsythe
Journal Entry of Tabris Almasy

SkaarjSlayer
HW: The Beast War

Skygunner58201
HW: Valkyrie Alliance

Slay121
The Power of the Ancients

Space Dust
The Cryptic Messenger

The Baron
The Ambush

The Manacal Phantom
A Time For Change

TheOtherGuy89
The Ides

The Reason Unsaid
HW: The Galactic Cleansing

Triumvir
Vendetta

UFO64
The War of S’jet

Unknown Hacker
HW: Chain Reactions

Wheresmekilt
HW: The Long Journey

Xeroedge
Edge

Zen Lon
HW: Awakening

Zephyranthes
HW: Prelude to Armageddon

Fanfiction: Exile's Return I
(Sgt. Rootbeer) #3

Dammit, you made me read “wrath of the gods” for 9 hrs straight today.

I loved children of kadesh. I would honestly request to make it canon, it’s that good. I really hope norsehound releases a legit novel so that he can make money.

(Kurtis Millette) #5

That’s the fanfic that inspired me to write my own. I hope he has an interest in rewriting / updating it, but currently he appears to have moved on to other things. We can only hope he returns to writing with the remastered happening. Besides much of what Mike’s done is considered nearly canon anyway. Referring to the map, of course.

That map is a treasure to the homeworld community. BTW, how active is the community on Relicnews nowadays?

(Kurtis Millette) #7

Chrome came back, but I still don’t think its too active. I posted there announcing that we have forums here now, not sure if they’ll all come over immediately. Mostly for writing it’s Sparki and I, and I left relicnews the same time homeworld did.

Yeah, that’s what I did too. Well, glad to see that chrome is alive. Hopefully she will finish legacies.

(Usshoratio) #9

I’m desperately trying to track down a pair of Crobato’s fanfictions, The White Beast and Kadeshi Crusade. Anyone have any copies of those lying around on an old harddrive? I know they were converted into PDFs with appendices and everything. I’d love to be able to reread and relive them.

(Kurtis Millette) #10

I’ve heard of those and I recall trying to find them when I made the first version of this list but could not. I would also appreciate it if anyone knows something about these.

(Zero|SF) #11

Thanks for the links to all the fanfic, if you have them you might also consider Don Armageddon’s Angel Squadron series.

I should have them somewhere, definitely a good read.

Edit: @usshoratio The Internet archive has the links to all the stuff you are looking for.
The White Beast
Kadeshi Crusade

The Old Kiith Iopia site is filled with old fiction, even most of the first Angel Squadron. Enjoy!

(Kurtis Millette) #12

Why thank you, good sir. o7 They are now added to the list.

(Silentargus) #13

I also have some fanfic… most of it is quite old, and quite bad (which makes me rather glad that most of it was only ever published on the Sierra boards, and is hopefully long gone and forgotten by everyone but me), but since Shipbreakers was announced I’ve been gradually going back over my stuff to see what’s what, and there were a few good bits that were worth salvaging.

Right now I’m revising the last piece that I wrote (~2008), which is titled “Cavalier: The Last Patrol”- it’s a short story about a light corvette and her crew, set on the eve of the type’s final retirement. When first conceived it was to be (and now that Homeworld isn’t dead anymore, still might be) the first in a series of short pieces about corvette crews. I’ll make sure to get that reposted somewhere, along with some background fluff, when I finish editing. ETA probably some time in the next week.

There’s another that I have on my agenda, titled “Closure”- it was about one of the Somtaaw technicians who boarded the infected Clee-San after the Kuun-Lan hit it with the siege cannon. That one’s going to take a total re-write, though, because while I like the concept I really don’t like my old writing style.

I’ve also got several chunks of a collaborative fanfic that I and several other writers on the Sierra boards contributed to ~2007- although I’ve lost most of the parts I didn’t write, and there are gaps in my contributions as well. I might have that and some other things archived somewhere, but if so it’s hard copy and it’s in storage, so it could take a while to dig up if it still exists at all. If it does exist, then I may also have copies of other fanfics that various folks posted in the Sierra boards; I know a few other people were archiving stuff when those boards went down, and I’m not sure how much actually survived since I see some names missing on the list above (a few of which I don’t even remember, so don’t ask me how I know they’re missing). But, again, I’m not sure if I even have the drive I stored all of it on anymore.

So… yeah.

(Kurtis Millette) #14

Well, if I see them posted on the HW fan section I’ll be sure to link them in.

(Deep Strike101) #15

Oh cool, you linked Winter Legacy! :smiley:

I haven’t updated it in a while, but it’s not dead. I’m going to start posting it on this forum, actually.

By the way, Chrome’s Legacies takes place 5(?) years after the Vaygr war, but how long would you guys say the war itself was? From Tanis through to the return of Sajuuk above Hiigara, would a few weeks seem reasonable?

(Kurtis Millette) #16

I would imagine it not taking so long considering the entire time Hiigara is under siege.

The more writers active the better. I’ve kinda put my stuff on hold for now because of school but it’s also definitely not going anywhere.

(Silentargus) #17

I’ve done some editing on Cavalier and I’m happy enough with the result to re-publish it now. I’ve decided that I will write at least one more companion fic to go with it, though what form that will take is TBD.

edit Here it is. I’m not entirely happy with the formatting and may divide it into two parts at some point.

I dug through storage over the weekend, and I did in fact find the archive that I made of the Sierra boards before they went down. There’s good news and bad news there.

I managed to find a copy of the collaborative fic that I mentioned. It was a joint project between Bodjo Soban-Sa (who pitched the concept), na85, the_unbound, and myself. Since I was a co-author, I would be comfortable publishing what I have; I would not, however, want to attempt to finish the story unless I could contact the other three writers. It’s their work as much as it is mine, and since we never discussed a conclusion (or even what direction we should go in after the completed sections), I could not presume to speak for them. Unfortunately the file I’ve got is raw text- a completely unedited copy/paste of the original thread, which gonna take a lot of work to clean up before I’d consider posting it. That’s not likely to happen in the immediate future.

What I can tell you is that it was set a few decades before Homeworld 2 and concerned a carrier group with an incompetent high-born CO, sent to investigate Imperialist activity, that finds more than it anticipated. Bodjo wrote for a capable but out-of-favor Admiral sent to advise the mission (against his wishes and better judgement); I wrote for a misfit frigate crew that quite accidentally stumbled upon a discovery of great historical (and tactical) significance, na85 wrote for the Kushan force’s marine contingent, and the_unbound wrote for the Imperialist Taiidan antagonist (who had ties to the then up-and-coming Vaygr horde). We’d just completed a major fleet engagement when for various reasons we had to stop writing.

I also found a bunch of other stories, but… I’m not in contact with any of the authors, so I wouldn’t be comfortable posting any of them. I’d prefer to get permission first, if anyone has contact information. I’ve got archived copies of stories from:

Computerboy466
General Nuke Em
The Writer2
Pa_28_pilot
the_unbound
Triumvir

…all are in various states of completion; some are in readable formats and others are just copy/pastes of threads. So yeah, if anyone has contact info for any of those folks, let me know and I’ll ask them if they want their old stuff to be made available again.

I also found copies of the three forum RP threads I started after the last Sierra forum software transition. They’re kinda funny in the right context, though man do we all make ourselves look like the bunch of egotistical teenagers we were back then. :scream: I can offer text files of those if anyone really wants to see them, but I’m not gonna go to the trouble of editing for anything that informal. Unfortunately, I did not find any copies of the much older RP threads like the BRF (Bentusi Resistance Force), some of which got really crazy.

BTW it was really cool to read back through Angel Squadron again; that was the fic that got me into writing too. :smile:

Now this is a blast from the past. I haven’t read some of these for years… and kiith & kin. What was I thinking when I wrote that! shudder Still, I have the other stuff unfinished saved on a CD somewhere, I might have to go rooting for it and see how bad it was :stuck_out_tongue:

Ion, I doubt some of those people even know homeworld remastered has been released. But they’d certainly remember their time enjoying the classic games. I don’t see the problem with you reposting those old fanfics for others to enjoy as long as credit is given to the original authors (where ever they may be now).

(Norsehound) #19

I’m glad Children of Kadesh is remembered so fondly. For me it’s one of those stories that evokes an author to cringe about being an inexperienced writer (at one point I said Lathe, thinking it was really ladle, not knowing the right word. And this item is held by a person…).

I do have a couple of stories in sight right now but I find I have some trouble coming up with subjects to write about that are interesting. Plus I’m not sure how eagerly I want to do another epic. It’ll take a while for the Homeworld thoughts to gel, in part because so much is up in the air. Even my map is going on its third revision. I also have stuff going on in real life, like learning programming, that keeps me from tapping away at a keyboard idly like I used to back in designer college and high school.

(Silentargus) #20

Early work should make an author cringe. If it doesn’t, that probably means you haven’t gotten any better since writing it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Kurtis Millette) #21

Oh god I don’t even want other people reading the first version of mine I started in grade 9 let alone reread it myself >.<