Complete RTS noob-suggestions for in-depth tutorials?

Hi,

I’'ve never played an RTS game before. I knew about Homeworld years ago because I am a Yes fan, but other than that, I was not a gamer until I discovered the Kerbal Space Program, which I have spent an insane amount of time in. That lead me here, since several folks on the KSP forums have been building Homeworld ships.

I’m intrigued by the story, and of course the music. BUT, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed starting out. I’ve gone through the tutorials twice and have started watching some playthroughs, but I’d be keen for any recommendations on specific tutorials, playthroughs or written instructions that do a bit more handholding–for lack of a better word, “Homeworld Remastered for Dummies”. Not coming from other games, I think there are several things about how this works that are perhaps obvious to experienced gamers that I am struggling with.

Thanks in advance.

(jelrak) #2

I think the easiest for us is to answer specific questions you may have…each of us may have taken slightly different paths to arrive at where we are so it may be too large of a consideration to attempt to recall the precise path of least resistance. @Klapaucius