Completely shuts down my PC

Have you tried diabling the automatic restart option in your settings? Right click computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup and Recovery Settings -> De-select checkbox ‘Automatically restart’ and select checkbox ‘Write an event to the system log’ (if it’s not selected).

You can also look in %SystemRoot% (usually C:\Windows) for memory.DMP but it might be very very large, like 628mb on my work machine lol. Running the Disc cleanup tool will allow you to clean this file so you can easily read any new logs in it. It’s the Debug Dump Files option in disc cleanup I believe.

The idea is to get the ‘blue screen’ with the error codes. This is how I figured out my PC was trying to automatically OC my CPU when I ran certain games and would cause a machine restart.

1 Like

This could actually really help… great suggestion!

I did my time in IT support, got the (mental)scars to prove it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to raise my hand and say that this same thing is happening to me. I’ve tried the above suggestions; I’ve tried running the game in compatibility mode; nothing’s working. My computer totally shuts down. I’m using an nVidia GeForce GTX 780, Intel i5 4460, Windows 10, if it helps.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Hello…I forgot to update this thread, as was suggested earlier (sorry whoever mentioned it but credit)…the issue for me was a power supply.
This might sound a bit over the top for a solution, but I replaced my Enermax 550 with a brand new 850 w unit and have no more shutdowns.

I agree this sounds like an extreme solution but it actually worked and I should be a little thankful that the old Enermax did not cause more serious damage to the other components.

My system is now stable and I feel confident that the new PSU will cause no further problems.

3 Likes