Presumably, this is already in the works.
- 4-gun loadout
- all elemental flavors
- 8 types: ARs/pistols/revolvers/RLs/shotguns/SMGs/SRs/lasers
- weapons would be defined by B2’s unified standards; especially applies to ARs, pistols, RLs, shotguns, and SRs; additionally, manufacturers/products may be updated: Desires For Borderlands 3 (see section on specific B1 weapons)
- ammo carried would be equivalent to the maximum ever presented in the series for that type, and multiple weapons of the same type would run off the same pool. By definition, this means that carrying two SMGs would not double your SMG ammo supply.
- all Shield types from both B1 and B2
- all Grenade Types from both B1 and B2
- matchmaking by level (=rarity) brackets; if on someone else’s Friend list but of a different bracket, can only be allowed into private sessions.
- Dual-shield system – 2 shields active at the same time; stats overlap, but do not stack, allowing for varying effect combinations: Desires For Borderlands 3
- Cycling grenades (up to 2) with the push of a button for different situations.
- runs off the same grenade supply, making it (usually) impractical to select the same type twice.
- Enhanced Movement system: "Borderlands 3" Concept: Enhanced Movement system
- Dual-wielding with certain combinations. Pistols/revolvers and SMGs are definite, and may possibly include single-barrel shotguns.
- Unrestricted or Balanced settings: Action Skills and passive abilities being (respectively) allowed or disallowed.
- PvP- or PvE-oriented, but neither one exclusively: CONCEPT: Online Player-vs-Player/Environment Arena for Borderlands
Gunsmithing: Akin to the system featured in "Ghost Recon: Future Soldier" (see video below)...:
…it’s a good possibility, and would includes optimzation to quickly build a weapon for any of the 5 basic stats:
- Customizations are restricted to normal weapon parts.
- May include a firing range to test your creation(s).
- Match completions would yield customization parts, with the better parts for the winning player(s).
Ammo would be obtainable from defeated enemies or digistructed ammo box stations (like those found in the Torgue arena and Pyro Pete’s pit). If from the ammo boxes, ammo would be generated with grenades (x2) and ammo (x6) for whatever weapons you currently have equipped, prioritized by the order of what you’re lowest on.
Additionally, you’d also be able to obtain/use weapons from defeated enemies.