I keep getting the connection error message constantly and it won’t let me play online. I know it’s not my connection because I am using the ps4 chat and it never gets interrupted or I don’t get logged out of the psn.
Me I can’t play with a specific friend, we try port forwarding these port: Port 80 (TCP) Port 443 (TCP) Port 5223 (TCP) Port 3478 (UDP) Port 3479 (UDP) Port 3658 (UDP) Port 7777 (UDP and TCP), because on some post people says gearbox ask them to. But in our case it didn’t work. Have you try it?
I’m also having trouble to connect with friends since yesterday
PSN has been acting most capriciously both Saturday + Sunday …
Let’s hope it’s only psn acting weird that cause this, but for further notice here what they say when we make a request for support, hope this help some people:
First, could you please try setting the in game options from “ONLINE” to “OFFLINE” and back to “ONLINE”, this usually resolves this issue temporarily! If that did not work, let’s try clearing the cache on your Xbox One:
- Turn off PS4 completely
- Wait at least 30 seconds
- Turn the PS4 back on
- Sign in with your PSNid
Finally, if the issue persists, let’s try the following network troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that all players have obtained the latest update
- Check all the physical devices on your network to ensure they are plugged in and powered on.
- Perform a connection test on each device connected to the network.
• For Xbox One, refer to this site about how to connect to Xbox Live:
• For Xbox 360, please check out to this site for Xbox Live:
• For PlayStation 4, follow the instructions on this site:
• For PlayStation 3, refer to the following website:
• For PC, refer to the following website
You will need to forward port 7777 (UDP and TCP) in addition to the ports for PSN. You can find the port settings for PSN in the “PlayStation Network” section here: What are the firewall (TCP and UDP) port numbers to connect online with PlayStation® products? [http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/168/~/what-are-the-firewall-(tcp-and-udp)-port-numbers-to-connect-online-with]
- Port 80 (TCP)
- Port 443 (TCP)
- Port 5223 (TCP)
- Port 3478 (UDP)
- Port 3479 (UDP)
- Port 3658 (UDP)
- Port 7777 (UDP and TCP)
If you need assistance with opening these ports, please refer to the following website for more information (you will need to know your router brand and model, as the website guides are based on specific routers)
Here are some additional tips that have helped many players improve their connectivity:
- Make sure your router’s firmware is upgraded the latest version (very important).
- Unplug your router for 10 minutes and plug it back in. Some older routers degrade in performance over time until it is rebooted, similar to a PC.
- Disable any firewall or other network filtering for the game.
- Enable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router.
- If you don’t care about security, enable DMZ (de-militarized zone) on your router for your PC’s address. This turns off all of your router’s firewall features for that specific PC.
- Get a router that has the “Xbox LIVE compatible” or “Certified for Windows Vista” logo.
- Contact your ISP and ask them what your DNS setting should be.
Additionally, your ability to connect to games can also be impacted by network performance. Some possible factors that can degrade network performance are:
• Poor quality network cable
• Line interference, particularly on unshielded network cables running parallel to power cables or near electrical outlets
• Incorrect router configuration, such as non-standard MTU settings or QoS settings
• Insufficient available bandwidth
• Malfunctioning router hardware
Got disconnected on BL2 a bunch of times this weekend, then when we would try and join again it was giving us that message. TPS was working for us yesterday though. On PS4.
I’ve been getting the same thing. If I join a friend’s game, by BL2 game invite, PS4 party invite or just joining his game it eventually freezes, disconnects and tells me to check my cables etc. But I’m still connected to the Internet and can still see I’m online in the PS4 home screen. Same thing happens to my friend when I host. Both our connections are stable, decent bandwidth etc.
Sometimes, not always, it won’t allow me to rejoin and puts me in offline mode and won’t allow me to change it without restarting the PS4.
It’s only been happening since last Saturday (06/02/2016). Getting to be a massive pain!
Why hasnt there been a reply from gearbox? This issue has been here long
Quite simple, their response is my previous comment so they don’t have a real solution except port forwarding and take down the router firewall
This worked for me.