Constant FPS Drops in All Points of the Game (That could be tested)

So, I just got the game on Steam last weekend, and have yet to actually be able to play the game.

Upon start up, there is a framerate drop roughly every 15 seconds from a constant 60+ down to 0, where it freezes for 2-4 seconds, and then bounces right back up.

This happens in all menus, cutscenes, and gameplay (what little I bothered to try and play). This is also the only game it is happening on. Most recent game otherwise played is DOOM Eternal, which was running smooth as can be (though obviously on a different engine).

Current PC Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.5Ghz
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM @ 2133Mhz
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6GB
  • Game running on a WD Blue 500GB SSD

I have done a full re-install of the game, ensured all drivers are updated (not hard given I had just done a clean format install of Windows 10 the week before), scoured the internet for answers, tested every setting configuration to find an impacting change, and nothing I could dig up anywhere (here, 2K forums, Steam, Reddit, or other sources) has lead to a solution.

Hopefully, maybe, something can be gleaned as to what is causing this issue, so I can actually get started with this game, because in this state, it is literally unplayable (and not in the meme way).

EDIT: Coming back to add, that while sitting idle with Task Manager open, every time the FPS freeze and drop hits, the CPU usage dips, from roughly 17-18% down to around 11%. And it is almost like clockwork every 15 seconds. But again, it is also only on Borderlands 3.

Do you have Catalyst installed? I ask because it will check for driver updates, will let you optimize a game, and you can bring it up with Shift + R and check your temps and usage mid game. I just know some makers (looks at ASUS) have made some video cards that do not properly cool their VRAM…so games like Borderlands 3 causes much crashing unless you force their fans to 80% or higher.

Catalyst is for AMD Graphics cards though, not nVidia, so that kind of seems moot?
My nVidia Drivers are up to date with the newest ones that just dropped yesterday for DOOM Eternal, so it is definitely not that issue. Steam Borderlands 3 does not show in nVidia Experience presently, so I cannot tweak the game externally right now. And I’ve already

Definitely not had any crashes, the game will sit and run fine, except for the every 15 second issue I outlined. No such issues in World of Warcraft, DOOM Eternal, Monster Hunter World, Path of Exile, and more.

HOWEVER, I just loaded up Borderlands 2, as the closest title I could think to compare with, and… well, it doesn’t have the CPU issue I outlined, but is generating GPU drops from 41% on 3D down to 3%, every 15sec roughly, and only for a second or two.

This is starting to look like an Unreal Engine issue in general, or something to do with the new SHiFT Crossplay update maybe? I know on my prior CPU (same video card), that Borderlands 2 and TPS did not have this issue, but last were played months ago, prior to the SHiFT Crossplay update.

I would open a ticket with support, and and double check your Nvida driver version. As stated, some versions of drivers cause nothing but pain with some versions of games. Example would be a AMD driver update that killed Dragon Age Inquisition back in the day for a couple months if you did not roll back. Same with Skyrim Special Edition and Nvida more recently for me.