Constant game crashes

Just curious if anybody else experiences multiple game crashes per play session. My game is constantly crashing with a CE-34878-0 error. According to the Playstation forums, the only solution for this is to re-initialize my PS4. I’m trying to avoid this if possible as I don’t currently have a way to back up my saved data. This occurs most frequently when playing online or co-op. It has not happened (yet) while playing solo. It happens equally while playing BL2 and BL:TPS. This happens in about 85% of my online play sessions and has only happened once while playing split screen co-op. It has happened in multiple areas and does not make a difference whether I’m engaged in combat or browsing a menu.

According to http://ps4daily.com/2014/09/ps4-error-ce-34878-0-fix/
"The error tends to happen to PS4 games that are poorly optimized or have bugs and glitches. "
This leads me to believe that this has more to do with the game code itself than any defects in my PS4.

So far, I have deleted the game, re-installed the game and updated with the patch BEFORE attempting to play the game again. The only thing I’m concerned with is that I did originally play the game at release before installing the GINORMOUS update file so I’m thinking my save files may be corrupt or something. Not sure if that’s possible but I’m not a code monkey. :stuck_out_tongue:

I searched the forums and it doesn’t seem to be a common issue. Really hope I don’t have to spend all day re-initializing my PS4 if it can be avoided. :frowning:

I have just started playing The Handsome Collection (TPS) on PS4. I imported my character from my PS3 game-play and the game constantly crashes while playing solo to the point the game is unplayable. I have had five crashes now in the space of a few hours and constantly have to repeat areas I have already cleared. I don’t know how much more I can take before I write of the $80 the game cost me and just stop playing.

I have had the issue of crashing every now and again since I bought the game a few months ago. But recently I has been crashing bad and a lot. Like 3-4 times every 10 minutes. And I have done the erase and reload as well.

@BigTuna_01: What playthrough are you experiencing the issues on?