Constant gun icon buffering on menus

I know there where problems before with gun icons no loading properly and taking on the icon of a gun that was previously in that venue slot. Today’s changes cause the inventory to constantly buffer icons as a blue circle every time you move over another icon. It slows down the inventory screen tremendously while its re rendering all the item icons on screen every 2 seconds. Navigating inventory is a nightmare because of it.

I hope a fix for this dosen’t take a whole month like Guardian ranks.

4 Likes

What platform, and under what circumstances?

On base XB1 I’m seeing the loading circles if I rapidly scroll down my inventory or the bank display, but it sorts itself out pretty quickly. Overall, it does seem snappier, and I’m not seeing the same odd behaviour where you’d sometimes get an ‘empty’ overlaying an item.

Just about to check a vending machine…

Chuck it in the fucket bucket. Prolly just a new set of bugs to replace the old ones til next month.

2 Likes

Oddly, that was something that they said they had fixed. They might have caused it to bug more, or in a different way now.

1 Like

Who knows, perhaps better on one platform and worse on another, I mean there seem to be some platform dependent bugs after all, like the ‘shutdowns’ that only happens on the Xbox One X but not on the Xbone and then there’s the PS4 and also PC or better PCs because they represent thousands of different configs on its own.

1 Like

And it seems I’m going to have to partially walk back my previous statement. It was working fine when I started Cistern of Slaughter, and continued to do so through the first 4 rounds with multiple pick-up/sell trips to the vending machine between rounds.

Then after the final round - which was full on elemental fx craziness - it started doing the weird:

• Previously, the inventory remembered which item slot I had sold from and did not move the selection after selling one item; now, it jumps back to the very first slot
  • Previously, clicking to mark as junk didn’t cause much icon stuff; now, it causes a pause while the entire visible display redraws itself.

About the only thing I did between those two was change the inventory sort order a couple of times (because I needed cryo for the optional objective.)

So is this a memory leak that builds up over time, or some weirdness where you get different inventory behaviour depending on sort order?

1 Like

I have noticed that previously marked favorites somehow become unmarked or changed to junk. Not sure if the new fix affects that.

I’m on PS4 and it seems to happen mostly when I use Mark’s on guns or have more then 10 or 12 guns in my inventory. Once I have this many guns making any item in my inventory or equiped causes a buffer of all the item icons.
My guess is the game is checking to see if it has the correct icon to fix the issues presented by the previous patch where some guns would adopt other icons.

I saw it quite a bit today on XBOne. On the base inventory screen it resolved itself quickly, but if I selected an item to equip/compare the single row inventory list it brings up for that never stopped with loading circles as far as I saw.

1 Like

i’m seeing the re-rendering of the backpack every time I mark an item as junk/favorite/neutral. Pretty annoying

4 Likes

instead of fixing the backpack bug, GB has made it worse.

1 Like

It seems they layered the inventory to much. Having the game render fully animated models with VFX and active animations is making the menus very resource intensive. I understand with how much time we spend in menus you want to make them look pretty but function comes first. I think for the most part the menus lag less then they did at launch but they continue to be problematic. Every patch something different has been messed up with the Echo Menus. I like the character models but I would rather the menus where as clean as they where in the handsome collection.

4 Likes

All the menus in BL2 & TPS were cleaner, faster and not bugged out. Also what happened to D-Pad mapping? I’m on P4 and it was a useful feature.

2 Likes

same here, i think that’s a bit more annoying than anything else that is broken at the moment. makes selling junk a pain.

If you don’t mind losing the ping functionality, go into your controller settings and choose the Classic layout - D-pad weapon swapping returned.

2 Likes

I’m on XB1X and since the last update I have the exact problem with the weapon icons buffering with a blue circle every time I move over to mark a weapon junk or favorite. So frustrating

5 Likes

Yup seeing pretty much the same thing on PC. Not a good fix to the non-updating icons at all.

“Now I feel sad… is this what sad feels like?”

2 Likes

Lol! That’s definitely worse than before, I hope that’s all fixed till the first DLC comes, because else I already regret that I purchased that damn digital deluxe with the season pass.

And well, would be nice if they send me a DM then if it’s fixed, because i’m not only got tired of the game but also of checking the forum.

1 Like

PS4. Can confirm this is happening for me as well. Also haven’t seen any improvement with the lag on menu screens. Same with vending machines. Have to stand there for a couple of seconds while they render to buy ammo.

2 Likes

I get the buffering also on ps4. Its a very fast buffer, not at all enough to bother me. Sometimes if im scrolling in my bank it takes a couple seconds. If i scroll slower its fast again.