Cool horror films (Dont say Dragon Ball Evolution)

The title says all, i think

Edit1: Thanks for the movies guys,
you are amazing

3 Likes

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
About the funniest horror film I know.
The Thing (80s version), Cube, Final Destination, Saw, Halloween, Needful Things.
There are just too many good ones…

5 Likes

Thanks, im gonna chek those out

2 Likes

Pretty obvious but The Shining and The Thing are must sees if you haven’t already.

3 Likes

Another good one. I don’t know what kind of horror films you are into, so I named some from different subgenres. Let’s ping another film aficionado, I bet @paulothead has some more suggestions…
And I want to add Alien and Night of the Living Dead to the list (sci-fi and zombies, check)

2 Likes

I’m flattered. Really.:blush:

Actual horror films? I’ll take a few stabs in the dark, but if OP has anythings that they prefer I can probably be more specific. And I agree with all the suggestions already here. The first Evil Dead is good for keeping it’s tone true while its tongue us firmly in its cheek. Slither is a good one that James Gunn directed and I can always watch. Splinter is a good independent one with phenomenal creature effects. Event Horizon always holds my attention too. I have to second the Thing because Snake Plisken in Antarctica cannot be missed, and then I need to add In The Mouth Of Madness. Carnival of Souls is an oldie that deserves all of our attention. And if slasher type films are considered horror then the House of 1000 Corpses bears watching. @Tired_T1red, are these the sorts of things you’re thinking about, or are you looking for something specific?

3 Likes

Creature (1998), Octalus (1998), Cold Prey (2006), Komodo (1999)

3 Likes

Jaws.

4 Likes

also want to say Jaws, great movie. Dead Space 1, best horror game ever (don’t know about 2&3, never played). Here is a creepy picture from movie Creature

3 Likes

Seconded! Part 2 is pretty good, Part 3, don’t bother…

Adding to the film list: The Ring (American version), Screamers (1995) and Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978).

2 Likes

Can I third this? I love that game.

I agree with this. I would also put the Grudge in there. They both creeped me out wicked heavy. I haven’t seen the American version of Shutter, but I did watch the Thai (original?) version and that was pretty creepy as well.

Can I toss some TV in here too? Channel Zero is an anthology series on SYFY where each season is based on a creepy pasta, and I kind of prefer it to American Horror Story. Each season is 6 episodes, and I have enjoyed all of them a great deal. Definitely worth watching.

1 Like

I fourth this

2 Likes

Dragon Ball Evolution is pretty horrible.

2 Likes

why this film even exists?

2 Likes

Because warner brothers (sony? I honestly dont remember) wanted to get a movie out to retain the rights. It happens from time to time - a studio has to do something with a property throws the least amount of money at a project because if they don’t do anything with it, then the contract they signed with the original holder reverts the rights to them. For what it’s worth, the Director of the movie apologized directly, admitting he was young and wanted to do the project to get a name for himself and knew nothing about the source material.

2 Likes

Nothing specific and thank you

2 Likes

wow, and theres a naruto movie comming so lets hope for the best i think lol

2 Likes

It happens more than you think! If you ever get really bored, look around for the 90’s (yes, the 90s) Captain America, Fantastic Four, and Nick Fury movies. I’m told they are deliciously horrible, and came out because of the same reason DBE did.

As to actual horror movies… I’m pretty weak to the genre. I like a few of the obvious classics like The Shining and some of the newer, more oddball movies like Get Out, but it’s usually not my bag.

I honestly just wanted to come in to break the thread rule :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Quick, someone break out angry Vegeta!

I am a little out concerning newer films, because going to the movies is easier if one doesn’t need a babysitter. But there are so many good old films and horror has such a lot of subgenres…
Just because I love it (and @venom616 s avatar reminded me): Sleepy Hollow.

3 Likes

tenor

5 Likes