Corrupting Onslaught - Galilea PVP Build Guide (Updated on 1.05)

I made a build for Galilea called “Corrupting Onslaught”. Here’s the guide for it!

Pre-Requisites:

Character Rank 7 (Antihero Helix)

Helix Selections:

1 - (MIDDLE) Vortex
2 - (RIGHT) Mark of the Feeble
3 - (RIGHT) It’s Dangerous To Go Alone
4 - (MIDDLE) Bleak Quiet
5 - (MIDDLE) Antihero
6 - (LEFT) Dark Age
7 - (LEFT) Mirror Knight
8 - (LEFT) Inescapable Fate
9 - (RIGHT) Tideturner
10 - (RIGHT) Pitch Black

Incursion/Meltdown Gear:

◄Survivor’s Regrowth Serum►
+14.00 Health Regeneration per Second
+7.00 Health Regeneration per Second after surviving for 180 seconds

◄Vow of Zealous Fury►
+7.93% Attack Speed
+6.74% Critical Hit Damage
Activating a skill stacks +1.59% Attack Speed. Max 5 stacks.

◄Symbiotic Gauntlet►
+8.84% Attack Damage
+204 Maximum Health
Gain up to +8.84% Attack Damage based on current percentage of max health.

Face-Off Gear:

◄Survivor’s Regrowth Serum►
+7.00 Health Regeneration per Second after surviving for 180 seconds

◄”Hurricane”►
+8.40% Attack Speed

◄Duelist Glove►
+9.10% Attack Damage

Capture Gear:

◄Artifical Vitae►

◄”Hurricane”►
+8.40% Attack Speed

◄Duelist Glove►
+9.10% Attack Damage

1 Like

I did want to use her but she seemed lackluster. I have perfect gear for this build, though.

A nice health regeneration base with +attack speed and -recoil would be perfect over that attack damage gear piece.

I originally went with Health regen gear because I thought I could keep It’s Dangerous To Go Alone up and it’s totally not worth it. Even with 10 regen a sec it was pointless, much better to go back to a healer or healing station and take the attack damage imo. I suppose if you were playing super defensively it could work but that’s not my style.

I have a pocket miko.

Yeah defensive isn’t really the build style, I suppose that 5% on that damn swing shot is huge

Maybe instead of the last legendary using the vow of zealous fury since it gives nearly 20% attack speed with full stacks?

Definitely Vow of Zealous Fury > Doomsday Key. I was using the best gear I had at the time and those drop rates were rough.

Oh, just realized I replied without thinking that through. The Vow of Zealous Fury would replace the Hurricane. So you’ll need to either run both legendaries or trade the Doomsday key for something else. The reason I like Doomsday is because it’s one of the few items I have that gives attack speed outside of the glove and sword items.

It’s all good I totally forgot about the hurricane too

I updated the build for Version 1.05 of the game.

The most terrifying Galilea I’ve ever seen was using the Blissbeast Skull Plate and Emergency Auto Medic along with all of her health regen skills including healing on Desecrate. She was nigh unkillable and got herself back to full health so fast that she was swinging sword lasers for most of the match. Anyway, if you have either of those I’d suggest giving them a try, with the regen and DR buffs the meta has shifted drastically.

2 Likes

I don’t have the emergency auto medic but yeah that in theory sounds nasty. I’d worry about the inability to kill people though which is my favorite thing to do. :smiley: The combination of attack speed, attack damage, and full hp corruption blasts gets me lots of kills if I can get the jump on people. Having to rely on others to do my killing doesn’t always work out, haha.

Inability to kill? Not at all, she had top kills and minions, keeping those lasers up almost indefinitely is all she needed to shred everything in sight. I understand your qualms, but sometimes a full offensive set isn’t necessarily the best for killing :wink:

1 Like

I’ll have to give it a whirl. :slight_smile: I can definitely see it shredding minions and such with ease, but color me skeptical with the Battleborn killing. I can see it laying down some impressive suppressing fire but securing kills seems like it would be difficult. My killing potential, even with the lasers, never feels all that scary until all my attack gear is running.

Colour me skeptical eh? Never heard that one before lol. Well, maybe you’ll change your colour? Or maybe our playstyles differ enough that we’ll yield different results. Anyway, in my experiences as of late survivability trumps attack power, the meta has shifted towards some tankier characters and somehow Galilea is back in the meta spotlight. Not all engagements are simply a DPS race anymore, and extra survivability can help to win fights that you may otherwise have lost, you’re losing out on a little chasing capability to gain sustainability in lane and in 2/3-1 encounters where you may otherwise have to abandon lane and flee. Besides, Gali doesn’t need to chase as she pulls enemies to her and stuns runners, and with minions being as strong and aggressive as they are now they’re an ever-present threat that can prove problematic for melee toons. That’s my experience anyway, I haven’t played with you enough to know your playstyle but I’ve had a lot more success since shifting from DPS to sustainability after the last patch.

2 Likes

I’m half asleep but “color me skeptical” sounds alright to me atm. :stuck_out_tongue: If it came down to chasing I wouldn’t bother with the dps build at all, but I can actually kill pretty consistently before they get away from me once I get everything up. Without all the bells and whistles though I don’t think it would be worth it and would probably just go a tankier route. I think Galilea is so strong right now because of how easily she rips apart the minion waves, it’s pretty incredible considering the struggles I’ve had with other characters taking on waves. Dropping the desecrate and spinning away just melts them, especially if someone else does anything at all to help out.

1 Like

You may be right, since the minion buff she’s probably the best melee at wave clear and power leveling now which would account for her second coming, so to speak. She’s one of the few melees I don’t often play, but some of my usual teammates main or second her and she’s on almost every premade nowadays.

1 Like