Could we please change the "decline mail" button

A few times now I’ve went to inspect something in my mail box only to see it deleted. An option to change or just change to the button used would be great.

15 Likes

Yea I had the same thing happen on my xbox. I accidentally deleted a really nice gun because the decline button is the same as the view button. Why did they even put that there?! I knew the decline button was there, I was just tired and not thinking straight. I guarantee you more people are going to do the same thing. It’s so ironic too because they have excellent backups and contingencies when losing items during gameplay or while selling at the machines. Please remove that button completely or add an extra button to confirm your choice.

7 Likes

I agree , it has happened to me twice! I just got an email from atlas wit a really nice purple q system and poof it went away cause I had a little too many frozen rosé. Please why did you put this why couldn’t the button be like left button or the back button or anything but the stick I might accidentally click and delete a gold key or something. Please everyone listen even if this thread is small . Once it happens to u , you feel like god himself just took a piece of yourself away from you, took your life and went “poof”,

4 Likes

Damn, I was hoping there was a way to undo it cause I just declined the legendary sniper rifle you get from Zero for completing all the “targets of opportunity”. ■■■■ me then…not the first time it’s happened to me either. I just wanted to inspect it…super flawed button design…

9 Likes

Same happend to me just a couple minutes ago :frowning:

3 Likes

I just did the same, with the bekah, i wanted to inspect, and deleted the gun.

5 Likes

I did the same thing lol.

2 Likes

Yes me too
It happens the third time now and the last one was with the sniper from the zeo quest. Now i didnt have the sniper and dont know how the become it again and i didnt want to start with anothr character.
Damn!

3 Likes

I just sent my buddy a Rowans Call. He went to inspect it. Poof. Gone. Really stupid to make the same button to inspect an item to be the same to dismiss an item into the abyss. Stupid may be an understatement.

2 Likes

I have accidentally declined so many legendaries sent by friends as well as one time rewards like Moxxi’s Vibra-Pulse because I tried to inspect the item as I do nearly every cool item I find. Why does this button even exist to just delete gear sent to us?! I really don’t see a reason for it to exist at all and would much rather have the inspect button set to that button input. If you really need a decline option then at least ask “Are you sure?” before erasing loot.

2 Likes

All you gotta do if you decline gun mail on the ps4 is menu button out of the game close the app and reopen the game. Just did it with the Lyuda Zero gives you. It’s dumb but it’s a quick way to save yourself.

3 Likes

I’ll definitely have to give that a shot, and sadly it will happen again…

2 Likes

Totally agree. I just lost the Lyuda from this issue ! I didn’t even realise the decline button and the inspect button were the same until it happened. I’ve been looking all over for a fix but it seems that my Lyuda is now gone. This REALLY needs to be changed or, at least, some way of retrieving accidentally deleted mail.

3 Likes

i JUST ACCIDENTALLY DECLINE THE WHITE RHINO SCAGG THING gun from Hammerlock because I tried to look at it and it got deleted. such bad oversight!!! please have a way to at least have a trash folder or something its really inconvenient to lose gifts like that so easily

4 Likes

Gearbox, PLEASE CHANGE THIS SOON!!! It is super frustrating and a major blunder on your side of things!

2 Likes

Maybe a “confirm decline” option when we do this. Just to make sure.

4 Likes

I agree. Luckily you can exit the game right away and load it to claim the gun, but it’s baffling that the button was mapped to this. It should have been hold triangle or something. Also, not being able to see guns by type in separate categories (you can sort by type, but there aren’t separate categories) or sort by cost is a step back in the inventory menu. It makes it take longer to find the desired category and to find the least valuable junk to discard when your inventory is full.

4 Likes

I just declined the Legendary Baby Maker ++ and closing BL3 and reopening it didn’t work for me on Xbox. SO. VERY. FRUSTRATING.
How it there not a confirmation pop up when declining mail!?!? Terrible.

2 Likes

That’s rough might’ve accidentally autosaved.

1 Like

Me too,that’s a terrible button they chose for that.

1 Like