Crash when opening inventory, shops

Hi, playing thorugh BL2 again, and the game will play fine, and then if I open the inventory, or go mto any shop to sell/buy anything, the game will crash, anmd I have to force a log off to get back into my computer.

The error from event viewer:

Faulting application name: Borderlands2.exe, version: 1.0.228.55487, time stamp: 0x5cbe9613
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.325, time stamp: 0x6aba40ca
Exception code: 0x00000001
Fault offset: 0x00113562
Faulting process ID: 0x1d48
Faulting application start time: 0x01d55a5756f39f28
Faulting application path: F:\Games\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\Borderlands2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 683f44ef-baab-4487-92d2-2d311e619f98
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have verified the files, uninstalled, and reinstalled, still same crash

Running Windows 10, 1903, with all the latest updates, using 2 GTX 1080ti graphics cards, running game at 4K, all high settings. On my previous playthrough it never crashed, and I have over 660 hours in this game.

So no help?

The closest I’ve seen to your situation is this thread:

Not sure what else you have running, but if you’re using any 3rd party recording, chat, audio, or overlay software I’d first try restarting with all that turned off and see if the problem persists. You may want to use Task Manager to check what else is running while you’re in game.

Another question: did you have the GTX 1080 on your previous play-through?

I don’t have any recording software or any overlays,. all I have is Steam and MSI Afterburner running. The gtx 1080 ti (x2) are new and my system has been reformatted and all software reinstalled, so there should be no issues with driver conflicts etc. I thought it might be sli, but I have had sli systems for many years, but even with 1 card the game will randomly crash, but only after playing for usually more than an hour. Seems like a possible memory leak?

I would suggest trying to run the game without MSI Afterburner just as a comparison - it’s always worth eliminating as many variables as possible.

That said, most of the recent problems reported also seem to involve configurations using GTX 10xx/20xx cards, so it may be an issue with something in the original graphics pipeline not playing well with current cards/drivers.

The only other thing I can suggest would be to file a support ticket in case they have any new information that might help resolve your issue.

Thanks, I have opened a support ticket, but all I got was a generic fob off of verify your files in Steam, and never anything more. Really pathetic.

Standard trouble-shooting script. You can hit ‘Reply’ on the email and tell them you’ve tried that already and it didn’t help.

Useless support, and now the game gets updated to add adverts.

1 Like