Crash with "NVIDIA OpenGL Windows Time-Out" error message

I’ve been able to play HW1 Remastered up to Mission 13 - Karos Graveyard without any problems. But now every time I load up this mission, I get into the game and it takes about one minute, before it crashes with this error message:

The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue. The application must close.

The problem is also mentioned here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/244160/discussions/1/617328967244483129/

I’ve only a single Geforce GTX 760, no SLI. Tried a few things like window mode instead of fullscreen, shadows option as mentioned in the steam forum and an ominous windows registry hack I found to increase the driver timeout. Nothing helped. One can also disable it entirely in the registry, but that only made my pc freeze completely, so I had to do a hard reset.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

Edit: Since the force break on the campaign, I tried a skirmish match. Same Issue, crash after a minute. Strange that the campaign worked so far.