Crashing freezing a ton since last patch

For some reason this week bl3 is crashing or freezing so much. i crashed 5 times in 3 hours.
Please fix this. it’s awful and nearly unplayable. things like this shouldve been a bigger priority than DLC

6 Likes

What system are you on? Im on xbox and had a more issues but tossed it up to Bloody Harvest.

2 Likes

It’s funny this is being brought up - I definitely noticed TONS of game crashes on my Xbone during Bloody Harvest. Way, way more than normal. I normally have maybe 1-2 crashes in a week, whereas I was having 1-2 crashes per session this past couple weeks.

8 Likes

Most specific thing i noticed was the rendering in a LOT. Seems when i had the screen full of ghost and scraptraps plus the flashy lighting of the carnage that when i would turn to shoot the game lagged making me over correct.

It sucks having so many platforms to optimize a game around.
On PC with a mid tier system, game runs fine. Even better on a high tier set up.
Consoles bottleneck the game so hard, it just is not optimized for current gen consoles. Next gen ones will HOPEFULLY solve this issue for y’all, but most console issues I see seem to be pertaining mainly to xbox (could be completely wrong, but I feel like I see more xbox players comment on performance than ps4 on this forum).
I’m shocked people can play on stadia or switch even (switch has 1 & 2, not sure about 3).

Regardless, I’d recommend looking into a PC and a playstation 5 set up if you want the most bang for your buck as a gamer this next generation.
Every xbox exclusive along with game pass is coming to PC, so you get the best of both worlds by opting for that over the xbox series X. Xbox controllers are just a usb plug and play, so you can use that if you’re not too keen on mouse and keyboard.
The only advantage sony brings to the table is the exclusives, which, is the only reason to even buy one. Demon’s souls is going to be lit.
Kind of a tangent but I hate seeing people still deal with hardware limitations in 2020.

Mostly xbox but also windows 10.

even when I have BH not activated I’m freezing or crashing to death

it happens in sanctuary too tho

even so it shouldnt be this bad. Bl2 never had this issue and tons of companies make things less awful than this. Even Ever Awful (EA) has done better sadly

3 Likes

Was wondering about windows myself.

BL2 came out in 2012 though, it’s been 8 years of software advancement on the same hardware.

1 Like

bl2 came out on 360/ps3. Years later it was released for then next gen. It had more restrictions than x1/ps4.
they’ve had years to learn how to have better development processes. They’ve had years to LEARN more about the hardware and push it to its limit without breaking it.
the fact they didnt test things well means THEY messed up NOT the hardware

3 Likes

Oh true, bl2 was previous.
Regardless, they made it as optimized as they can with the resources and knowledge that they had.
Randy isn’t rubbing his hands together to be like “let’s screw the console players muahahaHAHA”

1 Like

I too have experienced much more freezing with Borderlands3.exe not responding this past week. Very frustrating. I was hoping after a year it would have stopped doing this. I haven’t seen an Unreal Engine crash box in a long time though.

3 Likes

unless its back up, its because shift is down and hotfixes aren’t being applied.

1 Like

I had to delete my Amara character to stop the constant crashing. I hardly ever play her and she was only a lvl 20 but was the only one of my Vault Hunters that was crashing the game.

1 Like

I’ve had this issue too; though not to the extent of xbox users - only crashes when i check a vendor on an angle; somthing about it panning the camera around the machine, no issues from the front :confused:
On ps4 so we’re not left out either

2 Likes

one of the first things that happened to me after not playing for two months: crashing 20 minutes into farming ghosts. :upside_down_face:

it’s been the only crash I’ve experienced so far, though. so there’s that.

2 Likes

weird thing is I had not crash no issue before the patch \last hot fix. Now it WILL crash at least once

2 Likes

This exactly. Why are people making excuses and blaming the hardware? It’s a known fact that the game is crashing more on the Xbox One X than the base Xbox. The hardware on the One X is not bad by any means, it’s plenty powerful.

This is the only game that crashes my One X. Stop blaming the consoles people and start blaming the poorly optimized game.

5 Likes

I’m so tired of hearing “of course it crashes, console hardware is so old”. For me, BL3 has crashed a LOT of times in PS4 while doing heavy stuff like, you know, JUST WALKING, not shooting, not exploding things, just going from point A to point B. Is my “old hardware” not supposed to handle that?

Ths is the only game that causes this, and it’s not because old hardware, it’s because it’s developed badly, with consoles being almost an afterthought. And if consoles were really not supposed to handle the game, they should not have released the game for this generation. So, no, consoles being a generation old is no excuse.

8 Likes

I so agree with this. I WISH that they had not realesed the game in consoles in this state, so my husband and I would buy two pc-copies instead one ps4-crashing-notverticalsplitscreen-bugged-copy. I would really like if they gave me a free “compensation-upgrade-to-pc-copy” like the new gen consoles and I’ll even buy another copy, everybody wins.

3 Likes

same here. i crashed rarely before now its multiple times a session. now that BH is over I’m STILL crashing

agreed. the fact it makes my win 10 PC crash too and i have the latest hardware and task manager says it’s barely using 30% of my CPU and GPU (varies a bit depending on a lot of factors but still a lot more than even more graphically and computationally intense games) at max means it’s definitely the game.

same

dont forget splitscreen is awful to read too. they have blue on blue text and the font is pixelly even on my big tv in our living room. my parnter refuses to play bc she cant read anything w/o getting up

2 Likes