Cutsman sucks? or...what's wrong with this picture?

So I always hear how good the cutsman is. I have only ever found one but every time I try to use it on various characters it just feels…meh. Can someone look at this and tell me if it has some horrible roll or something? If not…what am I missing about this gun? It feels very sluggish to fire. It’s not accurate. It has small mag and reloads slow. I mean when hitting things with it between reloads it’s OK but I feel like I spend more time waiting for it to reload than shooting. In harder difficulties that isn’t a great feeling.

Get the ones with the annointments per Amara… The 300 phaseslam is amazing. I never was into that gun before the latest update, now it’s my go to gun. The shock one instantly melts boss shields. And the other flavors do the same. I can solo all the bosses on mayhem 4 with that gun alone.

2 Likes

Its mostly a boss killing gun. I mean you can mob with it but i wouldnt recommend it.

5 Likes

Elemental ones, with a projector artifact and the new Driver COM has great synergy. Took me a while to overcome my distaste for the charge-up but I see now the OPness of them.

1 Like

This. Give it a try on the Rampager.

The cutsman has a sweetspot, you will notice it when you find it. It’s also not good against just anything but when it’s good it’s great.

2 Likes

This weapon in fire does major work against large enemies or anointeds. Also feel free to fire and crit swap to an Unforgiven if you want to quickly farm a large boss like Graveward. LOL

2 Likes

I have a shock one and it melted wotan’s shield as Fl4k. I don’t it strongest against enemies with large character models.

Any cutsman is great on big targets, so it’s great on General Traunt, Rampager, Tyren, Woltan and not so great on Troy and small anoited enemy.
Most output is with big targets.

Keep me in mind if you decide it’s not for you and on xbox. Would love to have one like that.

lol it’s almost exacty the one I’ve been using to kill everything only in shock version, it’s great with terror effect 'ammo regen (no reload) you need to fire from a far distance but not too far (limited range far but finite) for maximum efficiency, if you don’t see horizontal lasers on all the screen when firing you are doing it wrong. It’s extremely good up to M3 (including killing Wotan solo), for mayhem 4 you’ll need annointment phasecast 250% or phaseslam 300% as this version does not cut it at all for M4

2 Likes

Well the fire element is a problem for the tougher bosses. From my experience you want something slow and big. Rampager & Tyreen will work. For Wotan you want shock something. Personally I’m not a huge fan of Cutsman, but that’s probably because I’ve focused on being a One Pump God. Oh yea I went there.

I got my 1st cutsman at lvl 37 of my first playthrough. It took me a very long time to replace it. It’s good for bosses and mobs. You just have to know how to freak the spreading projectiles. It’s absolutely terrible for flying enemies. The reload speed and mag size are terrible. It’s also terrible at close range because of the spreading projectile mechanic. But it does an absurd amount of damage.

It’s definitely one of those things that you either love or hate.

3 Likes

My shock ones on Amara eat Traunt, alive or dead.

3 Likes

I use 125% damge to bosses/named enemy’s on my amara with new spiritual driver mod and it hits like 30k+ on hits a bit , to do real damage you need damage buff anointments over projectile anointment’s!

very true annoying to kill flying rakks with it!

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning that. I guess I wasn’t even aware of this spreading projectile thing. Maybe I have been using it too close to be effective.

1 Like

No problem. One of my favorite things about it is it’s ability to hit strafing mobs. It doesn’t care lol.

1 Like

OK, now that I understand how this weapon works. I’m sold. At the proper range it’s amazing. I was using it more up close and the difference is significant. Now I see the power and I don’t even have the correct anointment yet. Thanks again for the info.

4 Likes

LOL I thought your first post was funny. Kind of like when I got my first Pimp in BL2 and promptly sold it because I thought it sucked. The Cutsman is just one of those BL weapons that you have to learn.

1 Like